General discussion

weird graphics issue

I have this issue for a while now. Been updating graphics drivers but never seems to fix it. Once in while the windows don't refresh or something and whats left is a stale graphic. It goes away after another window moves over that area of screen.
http://postimage.org/image/59su5jfzz/

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: weird graphics issue
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: weird graphics issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I do see one thing.

I see a themed desktop. That is, the desktop does not look stock. Frankly I've found those themes to break stuff like that.

Try creating a new user account on the PC then head back to stock.
Bob

- Collapse -
no go

Created new user and ran the programs from the unmodified desktop. Same issue with the windows. The only thing I can think of is the program itself does not call the windows screen refresh functions appropriately. I will try to isolate the instance to confirm that.

- Collapse -
No Mention Of RAM Amount or Computer Model, Etc..

Usually the type of graphic stalling you're seeing is related to too many programs running in the background, a program running which is glitchy, or not enough RAM and processor speed.. Or all of the above.

As a start, have you uninstalled all the unnecessary programs on the computer and eliminated all unneeded startup programs and services?

Tried checking for updates to the games you're running at the websites for the game?

Added more RAM?

Hope this helps and let us know more.

Grif

- Collapse -
no even close
- Collapse -
W.A.G.

Thank you for the Task Manager picture.

Your processor has six cores? Manufacturer? Most multiple cores have four or eight. Video card and manufacturer?

- Collapse -
That Doesn't Help Much

It shows you have available RAM, but have you done the following?

As a start, have you uninstalled all the unnecessary programs on the computer and eliminated all unneeded startup programs and services?

Tried checking for updates to the games you're running at the websites for the game?

Clearly, there's glitch causing the screen to lag.. Failure of, or a memory leak in a background program, or the game itself, could be the issue. The glitch may be in the items mentioned..

Hope this helps.

Grif

CNET Forums