In the end it was 2 things.
1. There was some malware on the machine. Read what you find on google with these 2 words -> GRIF SUPERANTISPYWARE
2. The router was not setup per our forum sticky. After we did that and got the malware out, it was back to normal.
Now you could have firewalled your machine too much. But there is no mention of the firewall in your posting.
There's this rather absurd connectivity problem that my Sony Vaio faces with my D-Link wi-fi router.
I'll mention the problems first
1) Sites such as yahoo mail and facebook would load at their own will. Facebook's homepage loads and beyond that nothing. Yahoo Mail shows me how many mails I have but will not let me read the mail content.
2) Yahoo messenger doesn't let me transfer webcam/pictures.
3) On various sites as soon as I click on submit the form the page reloads/gives up an error.
Now here's a solution that I tried the last time and which worked. I changed the "Channel" on my laptop's wireless card. It worked then. Now when am changing the channel to the one that I had previosuly it is not working
My wireless router has channel st to 6. Ive changed my card's channel to 6 and I still have the same set of problems
Could somebody help me out please ?