General discussion

Weird blue highlights - any ideas?

Getting rid of random blue highlighting
by Nancy holloway

I posted a message a week ago on "Pure MAC newbie" forum, but no one has replied. How can I solve this problem? Or, if you don't know, where could I find the answer?

I'm using a new MacBookPro with Snow Leopard. After installing Parallels and Windows 7, the system started behaving weirdly (blue highlights show up randomly in Pages and email messages when I scroll up or down). I've run Kaspersky to check for a virus, and already searched Help, the Apple site, and this site. Any ideas?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Weird blue highlights - any ideas?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Weird blue highlights - any ideas?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Uninstall Parallels

and see if the problem goes away.

Windows 7 is used for?

P

- Collapse -
Weird blue highlights

That's a good question. I originally installed Windows in an attempt to access Word files I'd created on my PC. After I bought my Mac at BestBuy, their Geek Squad had transferred all my files to the Mac as one big copy. I couldn't figure out how to access my PC files, and Parallels seemed like the answer.

I have to say, though, that I loathe Windows 7. Installing it triggered numerous annoying glitches in Pages and Safari. What would happen if I dumped it? Would I still be able to access my PC files?

Beyond using Mac's uninstall, is there anything else I need to do? Any problems to watch for?

Thanks so much for your help with this.

Nancy

- Collapse -
To uninstall Parallels

just follow the instructions in their manual.

There is not a Mac Uninstall but there may be a Parallels Uninstaller in the Parallels folder.

Pages is capable of opening .doc files so you should be able to access your original files. Try before removing Parallels.

To be safe, fire up windows, open your large file of Word documents and save them as single files as .doc or .rtf files.
Then transfer them to the Mac. That's something you can do with Parallels.

You did know that MS Office is available for the Mac too? Student & Teacher edition is a reasonable price.

P

CNET Forums

Forum Info