Computer Help forum

Question

website stops responding

I had asked this question in the Newbies Forum but then thought perhaps I shouls also post it on this forum.

Every time I go to a website to open it I receive a message at the bottom saying that particular website has stopped responding. Then there is a box in the message that I can click that says, "recover website." Sometimes I get a message that says, "xxxx.com is not responding."This is very annoying. Also, I receve a similar message on some websites that says, "xxxx.com is running a long script" Then there is also a box that I can click that says, "Stop script." Sometimes I will be in a website and I can receive either of these messages in the midst of whatever I am doing and of course, everything just freezes up. How can I fix this?
I run CCleaner, do a disc clean up, and defragment on a regular basis. I also ran CHKDSC and there were no problems noted. The sites I visit most often are: MSN.com, Facebook.com, and Pinterest.com.
I am running Windows Vista and use a wireless internet,(although I recently hardwired my laptop to the wireless receiver). There are two things that occured recently that may have some effect as I never had this problem before. One is that my Hotmail account forced me to use Outlook at live.com and I downloaded and use Internet Explorer 9. I would appreciate your assistance in helping me fix this problem.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: website stops responding
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: website stops responding
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
So which discussion should we use?

In reply to: website stops responding

Collapse -
Please reply on the Newbie Forum.

In reply to: So which discussion should we use?

I apologize if I created some confusion by posting on both forums.
Nancy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.