Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Website

Need a website
Can one of you make me one within one week or less.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Website
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Website
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Depends on what you call a site....

In reply to: Website

Is it just a page saying something like, "Hi, here's my story..." or is it intended to be more and contain interactive content like games or other extra features compared to a page? My short answer is that given sufficient funds and clear requirements it may be doable though it could be tight as some things may take a while to get done like confirming the IP of the server hosting as well as what kind of features do you want, e.g. do you want PHP or ASP.Net or something else for the server side scripting elements?

Regards,
JB

Collapse -
First questions.

- Do you have an ISP (Internet Service Provider) to host it? If so, what tools does it offer to create and maintain a website?
- Do you have a domain registered?
- Do you have the money to hire a programmer to make the contents?
- As jbking asked already, what content should the website have?

Kees

Collapse -
Unlimited Web Hosting Service

Hi King, What kind of website are you willing to start. Give some details about it...

Collapse -
That's 1.

In reply to: Unlimited Web Hosting Service

Taglines of your commercial venture are frowned on. Moderators will let you do about 2 or 3 then you find your posts removed.

They only stay if they are part of the discussion. See the forum rules about advertising and site promotion.

Bob

Collapse -
Website building

You can build your own website with Yahoo Small Business. Very satisfied with the whole process as compared to 1and1.com which caused me problems. Yahoos site was easy to use and the results and feedback from customers has been good. You may pay alittle more but to be hassle free is a big plus expecially if you don't have a lot of time to set one up.

Collapse -
Are you still available?

In reply to: Website building

Are you still here and want site to develop.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.