Please follow the steps below to download and run a couple of free malware scanners on your computer. Use them in the order I give them. The error you're seeing frequently is the result of malware.
First, use the free Malwarebytes instructions below:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the link below:
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
After finishing with the tool above, please download, install, update, then run a full system scan with the free SuperAntispyware program from the link below. Delete everything it finds.:
SUPERAntispyware Removal Tool
Hope this helps.
Dear All, Can someone please help me?! I've been using Webshots for many years without any problems whatsoever until quite recently when it suddenly and inexplicably decided to assume an alter ego and direct me to www.mdconsult.net and also reset my user name and password to someone else's! This happened about the time that CNet bought Webshots. I've edited the Registry key and reset my user name and password but now when I try to log in I'm asked to confirm my email address and get a page load error saying www.webshots.com has timed out. I can't access the main www.webshots.com website by any means and always get this error. I've checked all of my browsers, anti-virus and firewall programs and www.webshots.com is a trusted site. The only place remaining place where the program now still tries to acess www.mdconsult.net - and it takes me to their login page - is when I click the Add more files button and then select Daily photo - new files every day. Oh, I can access webshot's other photo sites but can't log in. Can anyone help me with this extremely frustrating issue, please, I'm on the point of losing the will to live!