HolidayBuyer's Guide

Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

web traffic

by sick911 / February 25, 2014 1:34 PM PST

Hello,

The company I started to work at has an outdated website, I'm trying to make the owners see how much of a red flag is not having a website that isn't adaptable to different devices. I've been looking for statistics but so far I have been able to find which browser people use the most. Which is helpful, but what I'm trying to prove is that by not having a site that can be viewed on different screen sizes they are losing potential clients. Does anyone know where I can get accurate numbers and maybe even projections about this?

I appreciate your help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: web traffic
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: web traffic
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
"RWD"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 25, 2014 1:44 PM PST
In reply to: web traffic
Collapse -
THX
by sick911 / February 26, 2014 2:23 PM PST
In reply to: "RWD"

They know about responsive web design, what I'm trying to show them is that by not updating their website they are losing potential clients.

That's why I need numbers.

Thanks for the link though, I will use some parts of the article in my presentation.

Collapse -
They may know RWD
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 27, 2014 10:52 PM PST
In reply to: THX

And be pushing back on the cost. There is some middle ground where you have a mobile site and a laptop site. That's pretty cheap.

Almost always it's about the money.
Bob

Collapse -
To help with the cost
by Sovereign Forum moderator / February 27, 2014 10:58 PM PST
In reply to: They may know RWD

There are some great frameworks out there to help speed up the development and provide a solid foundation to build upon.

Personally, I like Zurb's Foundation, but Twitter's Bootstrap is also very popular. If you couple that with a language like Sass (which Foundation uses), it really lets you focus on the job at hand without having to reinvent the wheel too much.

~Sovereign

Collapse -
Take a look at some of
by Sovereign Forum moderator / February 25, 2014 10:49 PM PST
Collapse -
Very useful
by sick911 / February 27, 2014 2:11 PM PST
In reply to: Take a look at some of

This was very useful, thank you and what's even better gave me more ideas for my presentation.

Collapse -
Web design
by arianna143 / February 27, 2014 5:52 PM PST

First check your website on Internet Explorer latest version. If they support the internet explorer then the website can support any browser. Also make it responsive so that it can open in any mobile, tablets and PC's.

Collapse -
Web traffic
by Justin_Spencer / January 19, 2015 6:15 PM PST

You have to know about the emerging trends for this year. It says that people are moving towards responsive website design. This is much more advantageous because it provides a flexible view of the website in both computers and mobiles also. This is an important strategy towards the ROI.

Collapse -
Web designing and web hosting
by Justin_Spencer / January 19, 2015 6:21 PM PST

From the year of 2013 Flat designs and responsive web designing trends have already evaded in the Digital world. So responsive web design in the ultimate solution towards companies profit. Moreover focus on the content which is considered to be the key of 75% of the total traffic to maintain their level.

Collapse -
Responsive Web Design
by heris_charles / January 26, 2015 3:21 PM PST

I think that now you should think about responsive web design which can run or let say execute on any platform or any size of screen.

Collapse -
web vs mobile stats
by christelnkoma / January 29, 2015 11:37 AM PST
Collapse -
Web traffic
by gordonschneider8 / February 17, 2015 1:37 PM PST

In today's world, a large amount of people are shifting from PC's to smart phones and tablets and it has become necessary for the website owners to provide this facility of website that compatible on different screen sizes. This is also the latest web trend named RESPONSIVE WEB DESIGN. It takes some code added to your code and your website will adapt according to the different screen sizes.

Collapse -
for web traffic
by manusis / March 24, 2015 9:48 PM PDT

It is very helpful info.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.