General discussion

web site design

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: web site design
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: web site design
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
anyone

nobody has any ideas?

- Collapse -
Looks fine to me.

What ever was used usually does not matter. Some remind me about that story about the artist and the brush.
Bob

- Collapse -
Bob has a point

that a Web site's look isn't defined by the tool used, but rather my the skill of the person using that tool. For example, some can make a good looking Web sites in just Notepad, but others may require more of a user interface like Dreamweaver or Expression Web. It really all depends on what you're trying to accomplish and then choosing the right tool for that.

~Sovereign

- Collapse -
One suggestion - terms of service link is missing

I looked at your site, and I have one quick suggestion. I clicked the Trust button, and at the bottom you ask people to agree to your Terms of Service, which you say are 'linked from this page' but as far as I can tell, there is no link.
If you're asking people to let you do things as potentially scary as send some of their info to the IRS, I would definitely make it easy for people to read what they're agreeing to. A good idea would be, within that sentence, actually make the words 'Terms of Service' a link to your Terms of Service.

- Collapse -
engage a web designer

You should engage a web designer instead of doing design your own. For me, i'm a good programmer but never good in design.

CNET Forums

Forum Info