issues to be considered when hosting your own website.
1. traffic - how many hits do you expect to get once the site has been extablished on the net for a while.
2. A P4 machine would work but for very limited access. Eventually you will need a 'real' server.
3. You will need at least a T1 carrier signal to start with and within a year (again depending what the traffic and downloads are like) you will have to upgrade to a T3. This is of course depending on whether you can even get that service to your base site.
4. You will have to get a hold of 'hosting' software. It's not cheap and neither is #3 above.
5. You will have to get a hold of website development software. There are free ones but if you intend to partake of this (ad)venture you might as well go all the way, right?
6. How's your ablility to stay awake at night when things go wrong.
All these reason's (and there are plenty more) are why hosting companies like GoDaddy exist and they have several options and levels of configurations to choose from.
Still want to do your own hosting??
and life goes on...
I was thinking of hosting my domains i was wondering what i would need to do to host it i have a windows xp box. any hel pwould be apperacted. Thanks