Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Web-designing- career

Hai ! Good Day !

I have completed my graduation. I am interested in Web-designing. I have little idea of HTML, JAVASCRIPT, FLASH, CSS. I do refer some of the tutorials reg these over inet. I Want to create a cool website on my own. For this what are the subjects that I must be familiar with, and how depth? Can I create it by learning the relevant subjects over inet, or should I need to attend the comp classes at centres. Any ideas for creating a website is appreciated. Can I choose this field for my future settlement. How long would it take for me to become a web designer. Hope I can work for Freelancer job works over i net.

Thanks in Advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Web-designing- career
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Web-designing- career
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: webdesigning

In reply to: Web-designing- career

That depends.

- Given a good CMS (content management system) there's not much need to know HTML or CSS.
- There are quite a lot of interesting sites that don't use Flash, and quite a lot of sites that use Flash where they better wouldn't because it's unfunctional and slowing down the site.
- Javascript isn't really necessary for basic sites.
- With Java applets you can do much more than with javascript or vbscript.
- Any really interactive site must use server based coding (like ASP, PHP, Perl, .Net) for server based functions.
So the things you must know heavily depend on what kind of site you want to make.

And you can learn about all of those on the net, from books, in classes or by learning on the job.
I'd say that my average IT-student after 4 years of study (after completing high school) can get a job as junior webprogrammer. With the right tuition, help from more experienced colleagues and hard work they can be senior programmer in some 5 to 7 years.

Maybe it's better to go working in the field you graduated in.

Kees

Collapse -
Also

In reply to: Re: webdesigning

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.