Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Web design without programming

by graimtell / February 27, 2009 8:35 PM PST

Hi,
I run a retailed garment shop and can afford little money for advertisement. I?ve been told that hiring a web designer is a costly affair. Can any one tell me some simple steps to build my website from development to publishing on the web without programming?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Web design without programming
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Web design without programming
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Did you try the usuals?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 28, 2009 2:10 AM PST

I have a friend who didn't want to deal with web programming but wanted a shop online. They used GoDaddy.com

You can try that for very little or no money.
Bob

Collapse -
Look at some of your local colleges
by Sovereign Forum moderator / February 28, 2009 11:31 AM PST

I'm sure there are some computer science majors specializing in web design. At my college there are many students looking to create a portfolio and will design sites for free or very little... and some of their work is pretty good. So why don't post a job there or hang an ad about a unique opportunity to build a web site. I used to take jobs like that all the time.

The reason I'm suggesting that is because it would be too hard for you to create something of your choice with no knowledge and it would be even harder if you're only doing it because you have/want to, not because you like doing it.

~Sovereign

Collapse -
yes possible but needs experience!!
by c4gamerz / March 1, 2009 8:35 PM PST

Yes you can by installing cms or blogging tools like wordpress but still experience is vital if you want to open your online shop as there are number of issues like performance, stability, security etc which you will have to handle. I am a entry level web designer and developer if you want than i can help you in setting up a shop for a small price. Just contact me.

Collapse -
Re:Web design & hosting Forum
by wisslert / March 1, 2009 9:14 PM PST

You can follow the simple steps to create one by yourself.

1. Register a Domain Name www.yourdomainname.com
2. Purchase a web designing tool A4 Desk Pro Flash Website Builder
3. Publish your website through ftp.

Collapse -
Sitebuilder and Content Management Systems
by santoslhelper / March 2, 2009 3:17 AM PST

Your best bet would be finding a web host that has a sitebuilder and or fantastico in it's control panel for easy installation of content management systems (CMS). Here is a previous thread that might help too. Best Site For Web Hosting That Has Tools To Create Site - http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6616_102-0.html?forumID=37&threadID=239223 Wordpress, Joomla, and Drupal are all CMS that have themes/templates you can use and all you have to do is put in your own content.

Collapse -
You can do it
by langohioem / March 3, 2009 6:12 AM PST

Get yourself a copy of Microsoft Expressions, or even frontpage you will be set.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!