Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Web design suggesstions

I'm interested in having a basic ecomerce web site created and am looking into having it done by Go Daddy, Register, Google (or a similar website which provides these services). Do any of you know which one of these types of companys has the best/worst service or have any other opinions about going this route? I am new to this and want to make sure I'm not making a mistake. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Web design suggesstions
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Web design suggesstions
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The answer is....

In reply to: Web design suggesstions

Go with GoDaddy.com, that's where I got my SSL Certificate and Website Protection scanner. They offer a full suite of everything to do with web site development. You can do everything from domain registration to web hosting to setting up an ecommerce backend in one location, which is better than trying to integrate different services from different companies.

Collapse -
7 Website design suggestions

In reply to: The answer is....

Tip 1 - Use a reference (but don't copy it!)
If you see an interesting web design, color scheme or layout, try to use it as a starting point for your own web design.

Tip 2 - Be unique
Try to create a unique design. Do not overdone your web design by adding numerous animated GIFs, fade-ins, etc.

Tip 3 - Content is king
Create content that purely relates to your website, the more pages with useful content you have the better. Make the body text on your index page focused and avoid the need for the user to scroll down on any page.

Tip 4 - Graphical elements
Any Graphics that you use on the website should always support the content and never dominate the content.

Tip 5 - Be HTML-compliant
Follow the proper HTML standards and check whether your website is HTML-compliant, to make sure that your website is displayed correctly in all browses.

Tip 6 - File size
Make sure that your site is quick to load in any browser. There are obviously a number of factors that can affect how quickly a website loads, but try to make sure that large file sizes isn't one of them.

Tip 7 - Colorsheme
Use a colorscheme of matching colors. Avoid excessive use of shouting colors such as green, yellow, or red.

Note: This post was edited by forum moderator to remove prohibited tagline on 03/24/2011 on 5:14 AM PT

Collapse -
web design

In reply to: The answer is....

Wow..This is terrific..I was spending a lot of time on search engines to look for forums that talks about Web resources and luckily I bunch in on this site. Thank you so much. It really made a fulfillment in my expectations

Collapse -
You can check out

something like Shopify as well. A developer I know has signed up a couple clients with them and was very happy with what they had to offer. I find that companies that specialize in something do generally better than companies that try to do everything Happy

~Sovereign

Collapse -
Shopify

In reply to: You can check out

Agree completely. If I was building a new store which was a basic ecommerce site, I'd start with Shopify. I think it does the best job at creating a good user experience, while giving a business enough control over the look/feel to make it their own.

We would have used them if they supported recurring billing.

Collapse -
Web Design

Try to be original in what ever you do as that will be given more preference. Make use of GoDaddy.com...

Collapse -
you are in right place

Yup! Dude, you are in right place Godaddy Happy

Collapse -
Simplicity

Google do not offer hosting or web design services. For SMB's Yahoo offers site builder and web hosting services. You can opt for Yahoo Services, it good one. Visit this page to know more: smallbusiness(.)yahoo(.)com

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.