HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Web browser freezes...due to searching for attatchment

by Brad1217 / October 14, 2009 3:24 AM PDT

Once I log in to my email and try to attach a file to an email, my web browser freezes and says not responding and I have to close the browser.

This also happens when I try to save as in Microsoft Word

I am not sure if it has to deal with the registry or not.

Please help

Thanks, Brad

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Web browser freezes...due to searching for attatchment
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Web browser freezes...due to searching for attatchment
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try another browser.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 14, 2009 6:00 AM PDT

There are at least 3 to choose from.

Collapse -
Try another browser
by Brad1217 / October 14, 2009 11:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Try another browser.

I have tried internet explorer and cometbird...but the same thing happens when i try to save as using microsoft word...so im thinking its something to do with C drive...

Collapse -
Thanks for noting Cometbird.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 14, 2009 11:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Try another browser

Now try Opera. As to C drive, if you are having machine issues then changing browsers won't fix that!

Collapse -
Wild guess.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 14, 2009 11:29 PM PDT

Any toxic combos like Norton, Spybot?

Collapse -
Browser and word issues
by Brad1217 / October 15, 2009 4:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Wild guess.

yes, i have used spybot. i still have the same problem and for some reason when it tries to search through my computer any type file it locks up and most of my icons have changed to blank paper with a browse window in it

Collapse -
Spybot and Teatimer plus Norton = not good news.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 15, 2009 4:52 AM PDT

Lockups and slowdowns are common.

Sorry if that wasn't clear. But here's the deal. Today we can get into a bind like this if we mix this and that. Just because this and that worked before doesn't help us today. The lesson is to tell all or work down the list of what's installed and remove item by item until you find it.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.