The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

We forgot about iLife..

by Alegoo92 / June 22, 2007 11:41 PM PDT

Remember?! ThinkSecret predicted iLife '07 @ WWDC 06, MacWorld 07, early/late Spring, WWDC 07, ugh! when is it coming? Or are we going to just skip it: since the earliest is gonna be around October..

Alex

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: We forgot about iLife..
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: We forgot about iLife..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
yeah..
by karol1rw / June 23, 2007 5:40 AM PDT

I'm wondering that too. It's been a while since iLife has been updated. Hopefully Apple gets around to it sometime. Apple used to update iLife every year.

Collapse -
about time
by CommandoSolo / June 23, 2007 8:20 AM PDT
In reply to: yeah..

sound's like then it's about time for an update.

guess iLife is becoming iDead.

Collapse -
I doubt it
by Alegoo92 / June 23, 2007 8:26 AM PDT
In reply to: about time

That would mean iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie and more; the apps that OS X/iPod/iPhone are based around are iDead.

Collapse -
no...
by karol1rw / June 30, 2007 7:01 AM PDT
In reply to: I doubt it

No, if they were updated they would be just that... updated. If your worried about backwards compatibility it'll be there. Programs relying on older versions of iLife wouldn't stop working. I'd be like all the previous updates. I can't think of a reason why updating would be a bad thing.

Collapse -
responding to "iLife is iDead"
by Alegoo92 / June 30, 2007 7:09 AM PDT
In reply to: no...

I agree that its time for an update. But if iLife was 'iDead', that would mean the core apps behind a lot of Apple technology would freeze in a quickly outdated version.

Collapse -
just the opposite!
by scottrussell / June 23, 2007 8:33 AM PDT
In reply to: about time

I think the next iLife suite will be coming out soon -- and on both PC and Mac platforms simultaneously.

Apple has shown with Quicktime and iTunes (and Safari?) that they do a great job of designing software for the PC. So why not offer the iLife suite for the hordes of PC users everywhere?

One caveat: Creating iLife for PC would give a potential switcher (to Macintosh) less motivation to make the move. So I guess it's a delicate balance. That's why they pay Steve Jobs the big buck. [sic]

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!