Speakeasy forum

General discussion

We aren't as human as we think?

by Dragon / June 4, 2006 11:07 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: We aren't as human as we think?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: We aren't as human as we think?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
"Good guys" and "bad guys"
by Angeline Booher / June 5, 2006 7:48 AM PDT

I know we don't generally think of bacteria as being "good guys", and necessary for our lives.

I had no idea there were so many different ones "working for us".

Sort of related, but several years ago a caution was given about us being "too clean". For instance, the overuse of anti-microbial products to wash our hands killed the good ones that live on our skin and fight the bad ones, thus making the bad ones stronger over time.

I know of one patient we saw, a teen age boy, who developed a small infection at the base of each hair on his legs. He was taking so many showers, and was "too clean". Cutting down on the showers solved the problem.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Angeline
by tomron / June 5, 2006 8:02 AM PDT

This is new to me,live and learn.GOOD BACTERIA TO PREVENT DISEASE,click HERE

Tom

Collapse -
That ties in with Dragon's article, too.
by Angeline Booher / June 5, 2006 8:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Angeline

Sure makes us look more closely at our diet.

Now that I'm old, I do take much more notice. Fortunately, I've always liked whole grains and other foods that have more "nondigestible" material.

Still, it is amazing how we have such loyal protectors "built in". Perhaps the research will discover how we can best help our "little friends" do their job.

Sure does give me more respect for them! Happy

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Made me wonder
by Dragon / June 6, 2006 6:44 AM PDT

if maybe a little cocktail, occassionally, as a booster, might be a good idea.

BTW, I was really surprised about the Archaea part. I thought they just lived hundreds to thousands of feet underground where nothing else lived.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.