Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Wayne's page

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wayne's page
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wayne's page
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Wayne's page

In reply to: Wayne's page

is there a problem kees on his asking for pics?
as ive know wayne for ages?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Just being interested in Forum managements view.

In reply to: Re: Wayne's page

Collapse -
Re: (NT) Just being interested in Forum managements view.

In reply to: (NT) Just being interested in Forum managements view.

well kees managemants aproved it yrs ago so thats ok just wondered as lee gave his thumbs up long time ago

Collapse -
About Wayne's page, I love it because this is what community

is all about--knowing the faces behind the post in the forums and the people who truly embrace our community. Why my picture isn't up there, well, I haven't found my glamour shot yet :D, but I will eventually send Wayne one.

Wayne created his website and ?Faces at the CNET forums? page long before I even set foot in this community, and I have been in this community for almost 4 years. I really like what he has done and I like the idea that our forum members can share their personal website and photos of themselves or of others because it makes the community more colorful. His website definitely brings a different dynamic to the community (and before we launched the member profile page, all we had to go on was a user name and that?s not much if you ask me.) I think in any given community, the more we share about ourselves to each other, the more cohesive our community will become--bringing the members in our community closer.

While our forum topics are majority technical, it shouldn't be limited to just that. It should be our everyday lives inter-mingled with technology. Off topic post occasionally shouldn?t be shunned upon because it gives our members some breathing room to let their personality show through. Even though we do have an off-topic forum SpeakEasy, some people chose only to be part of certain forums and never stray outside of thme. And IMO off-topic post in technical forums as long as it doesn?t take away from the true topic of the forums should be embraced as long as they are not offensive of course.

If only I could include pictures in our profiles (another item on my wish list) in the forums software then it would make the member profiles complete.

In this fast moving world, everything is heading toward being impersonalized and I do not want this community to head in that direction. My goal is rebuilding a solid and friendly community of members where everyone knows your name and personality. I think this is what makes up a successful community, where it isn?t just a place to get your tech answers and run. This community should be a welcoming environment for all, where you could hang out online, talk shop, help one another out, and be part of the ever growing community of help, members, and even friends.

Anyways sorry to be so long-winded, but those are my thoughts on that topic?

Thanks for listening if you even got this far in the post Happy

Best regards,
-Lee

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) thank you again for setting the record srtaight

In reply to: About Wayne's page, I love it because this is what community

Collapse -
That means a lot to me, thanks. . .

And standing by for the picture.

Wayne

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Amen! ditto!! and Kudos!!!

Collapse -
About Wayne's page, I love it because this is what community

well said, Lee and glad you are OK.
FYI Wayne also posted somthing like this in V&S and not seeing your pic caused an alert to be sent to our Mounties to look for your picture.
As far as I know they are still looking.
lol.
For the record the one you took in Hawaii last year was good. perhaps you can forward it to Wayne?
regards
david williams

Collapse -
Re: About Wayne's page, I love it because this is what commu

yes lee as i need a new target Grin

Collapse -
Lee Koo's photo....

In reply to: Re: About Wayne's page, I love it because this is what commu

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) hmmm good idea I'll dig it up, thanks!

Collapse -

Thank you Lee..Reading this has made me feel even more 'Proud' for being a part of this Community of Friends.
Have a very Pleasant day.

Collapse -
Thank you for your long and serious answer.

It's good to see the community feeling all around. I even feel part of it, sometimes.

Kees

Collapse -
Re: Thank you for your long and serious answer.

In reply to: Thank you for your long and serious answer.

kees ask bob if you have questions like this as its been asked before waynes been upfront from day 1

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Kees, you are a part of the forum... do not forget it!

Collapse -
Re: Thank you for your long and serious answer.

I am pretty new to the Forums but I also think that Wayne's site is great and I agree with everything that Lee said too. Kees, if it means anything, I ALWAYS read your posts along with many of the other posters in here, some Moderators and some not Moderators. I have learned a great deal from some of you and I'm happy that Wayne has personalized some of you with pictures and thank you all for including me. I plan on staying for a long time. I feel like I have made a few friends in here already and hope to make more.
PS
Nice fish Lee. Grin

Collapse -

Hi Lee,
Thanks for your long-winded answer, I see you have found your Glamour shot. I to support Wayne and what he is doing and have told him so. I started out on several other help forums, but when I found CNET I found a home. In my opinion, CNET has the best Moderators of any of the other forums, and you really should give them a raise. (LOL) I want to thank all the Moderators also all the other friendly, helpful people on these forums, I know without them my PC would have lived in a repair shop. Hopefully I will be on CNET for a long time to come and maybe even be able to help someone else someday.
Keep up the good work.
Larry

Collapse -
My understanding is that the TOS requires that

a link to a site is to be DIRECTLY to the specific subject. My feeling is that if Wayne posted a link that took us DIRECTLY to the photo page(s) there would be no possible complaint. I think that it is a section of the site that is great for this community. When posting to help someone with phone connection info, then link to that. There seems to be no basis for the remainder of the site to be a forum item.

I can see where people don't like having to wade through the other information. In fact it takes some deduction on what to click to get to the photos.

Collapse -
A digression to a similar consideration.

Now that Google has gone public, I would think that any google link should be to the one item that is responding to the question. I notice that some links go to a general area where there are many pages of material some only remotely related to the problem being addressed, and some totally off subject.

Seems that telling our neww forum comers to google it generally turns them off and could be the act of a google stockholder.

Collapse -

thank you lee for pic i needed a new target (joke) your famially im hopeing to get new pic for wayne

Collapse -
New pictures. . .

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.