Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Waterproof MP3 player?

Can anyone recommend a waterproof MP3 player? One that has an FM tuner and a built-in recorder as well would be perfect.
Thanks
Chris

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Waterproof MP3 player?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Waterproof MP3 player?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Ha, weird timing!

In reply to: Waterproof MP3 player?

Collapse -
mp3 players

In reply to: Ha, weird timing!

let me tell something even weirder, i was just looking at cnet when i realised there was a reply to my post... spooky!

Collapse -
Waterproof mp3 player

It doesn't have to be waterproof right out of the box. You can buy third-party products that are made to fit the mp3 player you want.

Collapse -
waterproof mp3 audiobook compatible

In reply to: Waterproof mp3 player

Can anyone recommend a waterproof mp3 that is audiobook compatible and applicable to vigorous lap swimming?

Collapse -
great waterproof mp3 player

In reply to: waterproof mp3 audiobook compatible

I'm using this waterproof mp3 player: http://www.exeze.com/products/Waterproof-MP3-Player-2GB-Exeze.html

First time I tried it I could not believe how good the sound quality was - there was absolutely no difference between the sound above or under water. I had my friends try it out too and some of them got it and are happy with it. It can remember positions of last played song which would make it audio book compatible I guess. It had a few different sizes of the earplugs too which helped to make them fit in my ears - I have a problem with a narrow earcanal in one ear so I am using different sizes and it works great. This has made my swims so much more enjoyable now!

Collapse -
Sounds like a sales pitch to me

In reply to: great waterproof mp3 player

Sadly it does...

Collapse -
take it as you want

In reply to: Sounds like a sales pitch to me

Sorry if I sounded a bit evangelical but you know how it is when you stumble upon something that solves a problem for you and you just want to tell everyone you know? Anyway... there it is, take it as you want.

Collapse -
Inside Info for a new sports waterproof mp3 player

In reply to: take it as you want

I bought a waterproof mp3 here: http://www.mp3players.us.com
It worked well and liked that there were no wires. Just been told they have an upgraded model out soon with voice cue navigation for playlists/albums as well as FF and REW within tracks... and it will be bluetooth! I mean... It sounds good but I dont want to take a call in the pool!
I think however it links to something else they are soon to bring out. A video screen maybe? Happy

Collapse -
h2ofriendly waterproof shuffle

In reply to: waterproof mp3 audiobook compatible

I am using a 4th gen waterproof shuffle made by h2ofriendly. It looks just like a normal shuffle, but it has the waterproofing inside it or something. It has enough memory to hold an audiobook or 2. Here is there website

http://h2ofriendly.com/

le-stoked

Collapse -
stumbleupon

saw this on stumbleupon, not sure if it helps. its a waterproof mp3 player but doesn't have a FM radio tuner

http://www.ty-man.com/

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.