TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Water spot on my Projection TV... what to do?

by Java Trish / February 23, 2005 10:07 AM PST

My husband was filling our fishtank, and the hose slipped and hit the screen of our new projection TV (needless to say, I'm not too happy about this). He tried to clean it up, but we now have a water spot on the bottom of it. Is there something we can do to fix this? Will it dry on it's own, or do we need to remove the screen and dry it? Or are we pretty much SOL?

Thanks for your help!
javatrish

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Water spot on my Projection TV... what to do?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Water spot on my Projection TV... what to do?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Okay... so we tried removing the ...
by Java Trish / February 23, 2005 10:56 AM PST

...and it did not help. Apparently there are two layers to a projection tv's screen, and the water is in between those two layers. Is it time to call a repair guy? Or do you think it will dry on its own?

Urghh...
Thanks for your help,
javatrish

Collapse -
hehe...
by 3luke3 / February 24, 2005 1:33 AM PST

This is always a pickle... its a situation where you think you might be able to fix it yourself, but then if something messes up... you might have voided the warranty by trying to fix it yourself. All A/V guys have stumbled onto a situation like this at least once in their life & depending on how handy you are & your own personality... you would either take it in to an authorized repair station & bite the cost & keep the warranty in effect... or take a small risk yourself depending on how confident you are in your abilities. From experience... I usually take it in now Wink

Collapse -
Well... sometimes doing nothing fixes the problem.
by Java Trish / March 4, 2005 4:47 AM PST

After my husband realized that taking apart the TV was not the way to go, "he" decided that waiting to see if it fixed itself would work (you know, since it's cheaper than calling a repair man).

Anyway, the water spot on the TV screen is now almost all gone, so I'm sure it will eventually be totally gone. It doesn't really affect the tv watching experience, though. It's only noticable when the tv is off, or if the screen goes to black. But, soon enough it should all be better.

Thanks,
Trish

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?