'Phones plus water=bad. Seems like it's terminated to me. One thing, don't take 'phones near swimming pools.
I dropped my phone (xiaomi mi5) in a swimming pool, I picked it up and tried to dry it. After two days, I tried to charge it, I turned it on, but the screen didn't response to touches and the battery was draining fast, also there was a violet strip in middle of the phone going from top to bottom. After the phones battery went to zero, I tried again charging it, but it shows only the battery charging with a flash (but no percentage), and after a while the phone gets warm. I don't know where's the problem, does anyone have any experience in this, what can it be?