Some LCDs are not too expensive but I don't have a model to work with here.
Hair dryer? Would not advise that. As an electronics engineer, disassembly and drying with paper towels and maybe canned air to blow off the moisture but hair dryer? Not if it is on heat mode.
I have an HP Pavilion laptop and spilled some water near the screen. The water soaked into and behind the screen and spread into a several-inch long, 3-inch wide splotch that is transparent but very noticeable. I've read online that using a soft cloth and gently pushing the moisture away, and possibly using a hair dryer on a low setting, and taking apart the screen are ways to get rid of the splotch. So far, the cloth is working slowly. What about a hair dryer? I don't want to disassemble the screen. Any other ideas?