General discussion

Wasted three days already

Now I'm begging........

I have revamped my old website with new styles, backgrounds, everything.......but I can't find what I'm looking for in order to start doing the actual pages now that the template is ready (I made my own).

I have a three framed site.....the top is the permanent horizontal banner and two frames under it are vertical. The one on the left holds my moveover menu, which is already created and works fine.

The right frame is the main area where the pages will load as the menu is used. The printer friendly pages will load in a separate browser and has clickable links to either print or close that window so the site itself is always in the background in the original browser window so they can continue to go through the site.

Now......the site has a silver and black 'theme' and I've found everything I need for the backgrounds of the top and left frames. But the main frame right now is all black with silver font. I am actually trying to find a very shiny silver or chrome for the background instead and use black fonts for the pages if possible.

So far everything I've found either is shiny enough but is patterned so that the tiles repeat across the frame for the background and looks like crap with the fonts (barely legible), or there is so much gray in the color that the black font still looks like crap and is hard to read.

I absolutely suck at creating graphics, even with all the various programs I have available to do it. My artistic ability ends with stick figures....my real talents lie in computers themselves, and my site is for putting up all the computer help and repair tips I've accumulated over the years at this very forum site back when it was still zdnet. No competition here, believe me. I've had my site up for a long time already and just recently pulled it off the net in order to completely overhaul it.

I won't have a chatroom, a forum, ads, popups, or tutorial classes. Just a simple click and read site that hopefully I'll also be hosting myself on my own server (still working on that end).

If anybody can help me out with a simple very shiny silver or chrome (not gray) background that doesn't have a pattern that will look bad under the font, please click my profile and email it to me. If I find it's what I need, I will gladly pay you for your time or give you credit on the site for the use of it. Thanks, guys.

TONI

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Wasted three days already
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Wasted three days already
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
when you say 'silver'

are you talking "baking-tin foil" or 25c coin colour?

jonah

- Collapse -
Shiny like

tin foil or a polished chrome truck step bumper...kind of like mirror silvering

TONI

CNET Forums

Forum Info