Rant

Warranty Flip Flop

My son bought me a Sink master 2433 as a gift in 2010 and the screen went out on me today. I went online to find servicing and filled out the service request form online which informed me that my unit was still covered under the warranty and eligible for replacement. For some reason the service request did not complete so I called support. I was then informed that my monitor was out of warranty and I would have to pay to get it fixed AND it would not be replaced. I just don't understand how there would be that big of a discrepancy between the information on the site verses the information seen when a customer calls in. Needless to say after this and my initial problem after only having the monitor for 2 years gives me great pause when thinking about buying another Samsung.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Warranty Flip Flop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Warranty Flip Flop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
If you have all the information and even if not.
- Collapse -
No service numbers so try this.

"I went online to find servicing and filled out the service request form online which informed me that my unit was still covered under the warranty and eligible for replacement. For some reason the service request did not complete"

At each step of that web site, take a screen shot and make a document containing each shot so folk can see what the site says.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Poor experience

Hi acorp928,

I apologize for your experience thus far. If you could post your transaction #, I'd like to see if we can investigate this issue for you.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
I dont have a transaction number

My order never went through. I went online to find servicing and filled out the service request form online which informed me that my unit was still covered under the warranty and eligible for replacement. For some reason the service request did not complete so I called support. I was then informed that my monitor was out of warranty and I would have to pay to get it fixed AND it would not be replaced.

- Collapse -
Re: I dont have a transaction number

Hi acorp928,

Thank you for letting me know a bit more. If you would, please work with @SamsungSupport over on Twitter since you've already contacted them previously. They'll be able to take your personal information confidentially, as there is unfortunately no means to do so on CNET. This information will allow us to proceed with our investigation.

HD Tech

- Collapse -
Thanks for nothing

After all of the how can I help you I still have not gotten a response to my original complaint. I think this is the main problem with large manufacturers today. If less time was spent on the perception of real customer support and more time was spent on ACTUAL support you would achieve the public persona that your looking for AND have customer loyalty to boot.

Good luck Samsung Owners I am officially off the team.

- Collapse -
Re: No response

Hi acorp928,

I'm sorry that you feel that we've not been responsive to your complaint. I understand a representative on our Twitter account has contacted you again for your bill of sale. Please respond to the representative so that we can continue assisting you. Have a great day!

HD Tech

CNET Forums