General discussion

WARNING to small set owners: chg'd policy for capacitor prob

When I had the "television won't turn on" problem, I was told by Samsung that my set was eligible for the one time free repair if the problem was faulty capacitors. I was told I had to send the set in, pay for postage/insurance and pay 150$. If the problem was the capacitors, I would get the 150 back and they would pay for shipping the set back. The reason given was because my set was small (32") and when I said I'd never heard of anyone else having to do this, they said the policy changed Sept. 20, 2010. (They kept putting me on hold every time I had a question, I really felt like they were making it up as they went.) I believe it's a way for them to live up to the letter but not the intent of the settlement between NJ and Samsung. They know many people, me included, will never send their sets in. Once your set leaves your hands, would YOU trust Samsung to tell you the truth if they said it wasn't the capacitors? Why was I not given the option to take it to a local repairman that they use? Put me on the ever-growing list.....never ever another Samsung product.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: WARNING to small set owners: chg'd policy for capacitor prob
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: WARNING to small set owners: chg'd policy for capacitor prob
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info