HolidayBuyer's Guide

HDTV Picture Setting forum

General discussion

Wanted: Samsung UN46B8000 Picture Settings

by facechubb / July 9, 2009 10:11 AM PDT

Hey all, I've been struggling with tweaking the picture settings on my family's Samsung un46b8000, and would like to know if anyone has done any extensive testing for picture settings on this TV?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wanted: Samsung UN46B8000 Picture Settings
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wanted: Samsung UN46B8000 Picture Settings
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Trouble with watching regular cable/hd cable on U4N6B8000 TV
by redking2009 / September 8, 2009 9:58 AM PDT

I recently purchased the Samsung 46" LED 8000 series and have been having trouble with television picture quality watching regular TV shows and HD content.

It is hard to describe the problem but in general I would describe the issue is that every show we watch on TV has a "reality tv" effect. For example, basic shows like The Office or Seinfeld come across as looking like a reality TV show. The general picture is perfectly clear and bright but comes across with a "washed out", almost amateur-like video production (though resolution is still very high).

I have played with almost every picture setting possible including contrast, brightness, sharpness, color but no matter what I do, I can't get away from the reality tv show effect.

When we view our own photos & samsung content (e.g. gallery photos) the picture looks brilliant, colorful and in a word perfect - at any setting. A completely different story for television shows.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Could there be something wrong with my HD cable converter - I am using a HD 8300 Explorer (Scientific America).

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

RD

Collapse -
Fix "reality tv video" feel
by aprilfirst80 / September 9, 2009 12:32 PM PDT

I think I may understand the "amateur video" problem. Try turning off the 120hz smoothing function. It's under the video prefereces as PICTURE OPTION. At the bottom, there should be a 120Hz option setting that most likely says "STANDARD" Change it to OFF. The 120Hz function (which strangely is a high selling point for these TVs) adds an odd "video" quality to the picture. Some people love it that way, but I find it unappealing and jarring. See if that helps.

Collapse -
picture settings
by xcross20 / September 12, 2009 6:35 AM PDT

hello , i just bought this tv , samsung UN46B8000 i need help with the picture settings , ( mostly im just gonna used my tv to play video games ) so if you can help me with the best picture settings for playing video games i'll appreciate it thank you...

Collapse -
reply to reality tv video feel
by luclili / February 3, 2010 1:23 AM PST

I had the same problem with my samsungUN46B8000. Just go to picture option and switch the auto motion plus 240Hz to off.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.