HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

Alert

Want to save $500...

by Willy / January 26, 2016 11:16 AM PST

Or so the TV ads declare as such or close to it. The amount may vary but overall its suppose to be a big saving compared to your current "auto insurance" provider. Now, if you switch insurance providers do you really get that big saving? Ask yourself, when comparing the big name auto insurancers where is all that saving coming from. If you're already insured by one, how in the heck did you get screwed having to pay way more to begin with. Is this an one time deal maybe to get you to sign-on or is really a continuing saving, every time you re-new(not $500 everytime) but where you save alittle, but if you switched again, will another $500 come into the picture or close to it? Myself like everyone else wants to save some $, but is it a real good deal having the *SAME insured level* compared to someone else.
Jeeezz, they certainly make it sound that way. -----Willy Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Want to save $500...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Want to save $500...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I've developed a high immunity to such hype
by Steven Haninger / January 26, 2016 11:47 AM PST
In reply to: Want to save $500...

Heck...I got an energy savings "come on" about how much I'd save per year if I did certain things or bought certain items for my home. My calculation had the utility companies sending me a check every month. Why would anyone not do that?

Collapse -
Extra insulation added
by Willy / January 28, 2016 11:09 AM PST

Some yrs. back I added more insulation to the attic because it made sese. I had already done this many yrs. prior because it was too old or broke down. Now, as its winter it does work far better than when it wasn't there. I still have to heat the house, but it doesn't seem when using gas, turn on as much or as long to heat the house. To improve even upon that, I guess I have to insulate my floor rafters. Its pretty much open and "blowing foam" is about the best to do because any other will be IMO, not worth it. -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Remember JC Whitney auto parts catalogs?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2016 11:49 AM PST
In reply to: Want to save $500...

If you read the claims you would end up removing gas from the car from all the savings if you installed all the things they offered!

Collapse -
I bought a few items from them for my old VW
by Steven Haninger / January 26, 2016 12:50 PM PST

Consequently, they sent me their very large catalogue regularly. I'm sure they spent more on those mailings than I did on merchandise. I heard they entered bankruptcy due to the catalogue expense. Apparently, they didn't have a plan to trim the mailing list of those who didn't continue to order.

Collapse -
I bough a truck topper from them
by James Denison / January 28, 2016 9:50 PM PST

Came in pieces in a large box and had to build it myself overseas. It lasted for many years, was on the truck when it left here 20 years later.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.