Rant

Want to Recover my lost data

I used Windows 7 before in my Laptop. Today I setup Ubuntu (replaced win7) on it and then I feel uneasy with ubuntu. That's why I set up windows 7 again. While I setup win7 again (from Ubuntu) then I formatted my hard disk and created partition. Now How I can recover my previous data? Have any solution thus I get back my all previous data?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Want to Recover my lost data
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Want to Recover my lost data
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
STOP USING THAT HARD DRIVE.

Given the story I don't think any of the usual self recovery titles will work. Time to remove the drive from service and have a chat with DriveSavers (http://www.drivesavers.com )

Bob

- Collapse -
Win/Ubuntu

It sounds as if you have an issue and IF you formatted your HDD you will not likely be able to recover anything, that is why BACKUP is mentioned so much on this site. Had you run Ubuntu alongside Windows(dual boot) you would have been able to access Windows as before plus you could have removed Ubuntu from the system had you so desired. At this point if I understand your dilemma, it is start all over time.

- Collapse -
recover data

you may use recover my files software and panda recovery tools to recover your data.

- Collapse -
Linux

boot to a linux distro, like the Ubuntu LIVE DVD you may already have. Open the GParted program. Find the Data Recovery section in it. Run it. It's a combination of TestDisk and PhotoRec. TestDisk may recover partitions, the other can help recover files.

CNET Forums

Forum Info