Question

Want to darken a colored texture background

I worked hard to photograph the texture and color I wanted for my background only to have my camera misrepresent the true color.

So now I am trying to use photoshop, paint net, and photoscape to darken the shade. It was suppose to be a sort of dark purple with some brown mixed in. I mean that is what it looks like to me but I can't show you "it" only what I "got"Sad Arggggggg, can anyone help me? I don't want to lose my metallic or textureWink Thank you in advance, Denise

PS Hmm, looks like I can't give you a photo

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Want to darken a colored texture background
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Want to darken a colored texture background
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Just checking.

I've seen this before and the user had never color calibrated the display. Can you share what you used to get the color calibrated?

Need an example? Google the Pantone Huey.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
I don't know what you mean

but I have a 79 dollar Kodak Easyshare C195. Are you talking some option a fancy camera may give me or someone online? I'll go look at your linkWink thank you for coming to help me, Denise

- Collapse -
When we want the colors to match up.

We have to think about color calibration and control. I'm finding many diving into this area and most were never told about color correction and controls.

Google the Pantone Huey and decide if you need to catch up.
Bob

CNET Forums