Case-w/e you want. aluminum may be more environmentally friendly? believe theres a bamboo case out there
PSU-look for one that is 80 plus certified. Antec earthwatts is what i use.
CPU-Intel E5300 very efficient and decent performance
Memory-1 stick if possible 4gb ddr2-800
Hard Drive-WD 1TB green Hard drive
Motherboard-Gigabyte G31ES2-L if you can still find it (I use one of these)
Video Card-nvidia 9800gt
Also get a zalman heatsink/fan
I know it's an oxymoron -- green and gaming.
However, my most important thing I'm looking for are:
1) Quiet - really quiet to almost not heard if possible. I'm sick of buzzing, rattling, humming desktop pcs
2) Looks - My mac book pro looks nice, but I'm not a fan of an apple desktop appearance at this time.
3) Ability to tri-boot with Hackint0sh with windows 7, snow leopard, and linux (don't point me over to the hackint0sh forum -- they don't help)
4) Green...ish -- would like to do my part to cut down on energy consumption if possible
5) Powerful enough to run high end graphics associated with new operating systems (I don't want to be forced to run xp etc) and want to play computer games if I want ... don't need to have the greatest and best though.
Well, that's a good start. I found this thread but it's outdated now:
Please help me get an new/updated thread started.