TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

WALMART I HATE YOU

After spending a billion dollars for my home theater system now walmart is almost giving them away as cheap as toasters. It used to be that snobs like me were the elite few now walefare folks are getting them for xmas. But thinking back when you saw someone with a 200 lb cell phone they would be the coolest person on the planet now they are just anoying even babies own one. then there are car alarms back when they came out you only saw them on custom pricy cars now you hear them going of on $300 clunkers I HATE PROGRESS. but I have seen those $300 cheapes on display and some of you praise the picture quality. I hate to say it but I would go blind trying to watch it in closing Picking up my new blue ray tomorrow must be ahead of the game but I know next year they will be selling for $29.95 happy shopping walmart folks rub my nose in it ha ha hasteweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WALMART I HATE YOU
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WALMART I HATE YOU
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Ah, come on Stewee, WallyWorld is your home away from home

In reply to: WALMART I HATE YOU

Besides, don't worry about all the cheap crap they sell passing for home theater.

A close friend made home visits a few years ago to establish needs of people "on the dole" for a charity organization she belonged to. It opened her eyes. Their homes had to be marginal to keep on assistance & cars not allowed to be too valuable either.

However when she saw these folks' homes warm as toast when the middle class kept those thermostats down to save heating bills & then the biggie, they all had big screen rear projection TVs way before those who watched the budget considered splurging for them - that was it. She told the club to take it easy, don't sweat it - the needs were largely misplaced. Those folks spent freely for alcohol & tobacco, so just let it go.

Yes, there is always some real, extreme & desparate need. Give to the organizations ready to deal with that. Often church-related, they need your help; not institutional takers.

Why not drop a 20 in the pot on the way past?

Collapse -
Why not Wal-mart???

After dropping 3grr. on my new 46" LCD. My wife and I decided to purchase another HDTV for another room in the house. I really don't need all the bells and whistles this time around nor do I need that big a display. The first place I looked was Wal-mart. Good prices for the very basic seconday set.

Collapse -
Annoying

In reply to: Why not Wal-mart???

Here is something annoying..... Stewart Norrie putting "Steweeeeee" at the end of all his posts. Not sure if it's a Family Guy thing, which by the way, is a ridiculously hilarious show if you get most of the references. Sorry STEWART!! Just post and end it. Have a great day!

Collapse -
ANOTHER FUNNY STORY FROM STEWART IAM CURED.

But I still cant spell. When I was young 50 years ago ha ha. My first car was a 53OLds 98 convertable beautiful and huge The first time I drove it I went to show it to my best friend whos family were super rich folks but nice . His mom and dad came out to see it and his mom said THATS SURE IS A NICE LITTLE CAR YOU HAVE That cut to the bone In closing Ial have my blue ray hooked up this afternoon Ial give you a review tonight Hope it looks good onm my 72" Blobshia stewart

Collapse -
Stewee, chill out....

In reply to: ANOTHER FUNNY STORY FROM STEWART IAM CURED.

Do yourself a favor and quit going to Walmart. It will keep your blood pressure in check. Look at it this way: You look down at those people who shop at Walmart for HT systems, but keep in mind that there are people who buy extremely high-end HT components and who look down at those people who shop at Magnolia and the other places that you go to. It's all relative my friend. Just enjoy what you have and be thankful that Walmart isn't "high-end" for you. Go out and buy some funny holiday movies. What's your favorite. I've always like "A Christmas Story", but lately I've got a new traditional X-Mas movie: "Jingle All The Way" starring Arnold and Sinbad. It's stupid but it's funny too.

Collapse -
ITS ALL XMAS FUN

In reply to: Stewee, chill out....

Iam a wannbe rich guy. Live on a little social security and thats it , I spent my small savings on a 97 Cadillac Eldorado , doggie and home theater that I prize And yes I put a bag over my head when I shop at wal-mart ha ha not really But as Jonny Carson said I shop at wal-mart because I feel Iam the best looking guy that goes there. besides it feels great to be a phony In closing you should see my piece of crap 30 year old mobil home its a mess but when you go into my home theater room you would think you were in a movie palace. The only reason I make fun of folks that buy there hi-def sets at walmart is that for a few bucks more they could buy a brand name set with good factory service and picture quality that would blow those off brand set away

Collapse -
Coupon of Christmas gifts!

I'd like to buy some Xmas gifts for my family. I am too busy to go shopping and bargain in the store. So I surf on the internet to choose that!

Surprisingly found http://www.opentip.com/christmas_holiday/holiday.html
10% discount with coupon code holiday10, together with extra free gift
expiration: Dec.30th 2006

I bought some wristbands and yoga kit a few days ago, which seems quite good and reasonable.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.