Question

Wake on LAN or power management for Samsung D5000 LED

I am trying to set up my Samsung UED500 LED TV so that it wakes at a certain time of the day and closes at another time but can't seem to find any settings to help me to this. It is connected to a Shuttle D525 small form pc running Windows Home Premium. The small form has a dual core Intel 1.8GHz processor and ACPI-64 Bit with PCI Express Bus on version 6.14.12.8862 which can be attached to the TV via HDMI or VGA. I am also using LogMeIn to try to control it remotely.
I have set the small form to never kill the display ('Never') on the set up options so closing the pc down shuts off the signal and therefore puts the TV to standby but trying to wake it seems the difficult bit.

Are there any settings that will work with this or is there a power management system to turn the power on/off and/or to standby through the small form pc to act like a digital signage player. Can I wake it up by sending it a signal through the small form pc. If so how?

Can you please help me?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Wake on LAN or power management for Samsung D5000 LED
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Wake on LAN or power management for Samsung D5000 LED
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Wake on LAN or power management for Samsung D5000 LED

Hey eD-World,

Here's the only method I know about generally: MENU > System > Time > ENTER. Please provide for us the complete model code for this device for more specific instructions.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Hi HD Tech

Thanks for your response. The model code is UE46D5000PWXXU.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
eDWorld

- Collapse -
Answer
Other odd solution.

Did you research the following?

IR Blaster.
Logitech Harmony.

- Collapse -
Hi Logitech Harmony

Thanks for post.

Had a look - nice neat device that would work but I really don't want any extra cabling or wires and would like to run it as part of a control on the system program.

Regards,

eDWorld

- Collapse -
If I look at that model,

I don't find any wake on lan feature. Did you try Samsung's iPad or Android app?

- Collapse -
Thanks R Proffitt

There are no Wake On Lan features as far as \\I can see however I am looking to find an answer to the solution using either a control from the small form or a disable, override or other feature for the Samsung to be able to influence/control the power management system for the on/off/standby functionality without using an IR stimulus such as a remote control unit.

All advice gratefully received, thanks..

CNET Forums