Speakeasy forum

General discussion

waited 18 years to execute a man found guilty

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: waited 18 years to execute a man found guilty
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: waited 18 years to execute a man found guilty
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
well you now how it goes

In reply to: waited 18 years to execute a man found guilty

the goody 2 shoes have to try to save this thing

Collapse -
I don't have a problem

In reply to: well you now how it goes

with the 'don't kill killers' group, I've stated before how much more expensive it is to fry one of these jerks than to store them, but they have to get realistic on how much the taxpayers should have to pay in defense of a murderer.

It seems like we were subjected to both expenses for this fine young citizen.

Collapse -
its onley expensive

In reply to: I don't have a problem

when there apeal after apeal.
here this person wanted to fry.
or die by the way they do it.
who fought it?

Collapse -
The state assigns a attorney

In reply to: its onley expensive

and an appeal is MANDATORY in Capital cases. Someone that wants to die is also suspect as a nut, which can't be put to death, etc, etc, etc.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) and it took 18 yrs and how much money

In reply to: The state assigns a attorney

Collapse -
'Bout time and Good Riddance!

You have to keep in mind Jonah, this is CT -- solid blue country up here. I look at this as a step in the right direction. Something is wrong when the guy himself wasn't the one objecting for the past several years.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
An interesting defense

While I'm obliged to hold the imposition of death at the hands of men as morally offensive, I read of at least one creative objection being posed by his public defenders. It was reported in my paper this AM that they said he suffered from ''Death Row Syndrome'' which skewed his ability to think rationally. So now, if lawyers can delay a case long enough for a person to become mentally ill they use this acquired ''disease'' as a defense? What a strange twist. Just when I thought some lawyers could stoop no lower in the quest of winning regardless of method or threat to public safety, they continue to amaze.:)

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!