Phones forum

General discussion

VX6000 Powers Off Randomly

by ogreatone43 / April 5, 2005 9:45 AM PDT

My 10-month-old VX6000 powers off at random times, even when it's just sitting in my pocket and I'm not using it. When I hold down the power button to try to turn it back on, it stays turned off. I need to physically remove the battery and put it back to get the power button to work and the phone to turn back on. When the phone is back on, it always has plenty of battery life, so the phone isn't just turning off due to a low battery.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas for fixing it that don't involve just getting a new battery?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: VX6000 Powers Off Randomly
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: VX6000 Powers Off Randomly
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Customer Service?
by neubs3000 / April 8, 2005 3:01 AM PDT

I'd say call customer service, but they just might suggest a new battery too, plus you probably are going to have to send it in and wait 6 weeks which is a hassel. I've had some problems with electronics randomly turning off, but nothing with a cell phone. There might be something wrong with the battery meter of the phone, you could try backing up all your data, then letting the phone completly die, (just keep turning it back on by until it wont turn back on anymore), then wait a while until your phone completly resets itself (loses all data) and then recharge the battery all the way without using it and see if that makes any difference, but first I'd call customer service because they know the phone and maybe they've had problems with that phone like this before.

Collapse -
Battery
by SMatthews / April 8, 2005 3:46 AM PDT

I don't think this is a battery problem, in fact, it sounds like for some reason the battery is seperating from the metal prong power connection to the phone. I think that if you are within the 30 day period that you should return it and get a new phone. I have seen this happen many times and it seems to just be a faulty or poorly made phone. It happens every once in awhile. A new battery is not going to be the answer because the battery not staying tight in the phone, especially since you can take the battery you have now out and put it back in with a full battery reading. It must be that when you move the phone it disconnects.. Good Luck!

Collapse -
re: powers off randomly
by bboylethal / April 11, 2005 10:16 AM PDT

i have the same problem, but mine powers back on when i hold the button without pulling out the battery.

Collapse -
Re
by Refer / April 15, 2005 7:10 AM PDT

Call customer service ask for a handset exchange. They should send you another phone that doesnt have the same problem but do it soon there is only a 12 month warranty some companies only a 11 month.

Collapse -
send it for a software upgrade
by romeohifi.com / April 17, 2005 3:31 AM PDT

I had this problem with some other phones, it can be a software or battery problem.
Inyour case it sounds like a software issue,
since it is 10 months you still have warranty
send it back to the carrier for a software upgrade

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.