General discussion

Voting fraud -

by SteveGargini / October 25, 2004 5:25 AM PDT
This is disgusting I.M.O

Repeats Fill Voter Rolls
From The Denver Post

By Erin Cox and Jeffrey A. Roberts
October 19, 2004

Colorado's swollen voter rolls have passed the 3 million mark, but as many as 55,000 names appear in the secretary of state's voter list more than once. ?

Now, 20 counties, including Broomfield and Summit, appear to have more registered voters than residents eligible to vote.

By the clerk's count, Boulder County's voters have also surpassed the 2003 U.S. census estimate of the voting-age population. ?

About 260 voters statewide appear to be registered three times - some in three different counties.

Allison Solomon first registered at the Department of Motor Vehicles in Jefferson County when she turned 18. Two years later, she moved to Denver and registered in her new county. She found the new neighborhood a little dodgy, and three months later moved to Westminster and registered again in Adams County. She was shocked to learn she is listed on the rolls three times. ?

State law requires voters who have not cast ballots in two consecutive elections to be notified that their registration will be canceled, then purged after the election. ? [N]ot all counties diligently clean their lists.

"That means that the elections officials have created an enormous opportunity for fraud," said Al Kolwicz, executive director of Citizens for Accurate Mail Ballot Election Results. ?

The Denver Post on Monday matched first names, last names and dates of birth in the secretary of state's latest voter registration database to find instances of duplicates. One voter was listed six times. ?

Lisa Doran, spokeswoman for the secretary of state, said that historically, the number of duplicates on the voter rolls two weeks before the election ranges from a low of 8,000 to tens of thousands.

?

The whole story
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Voting fraud -
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Voting fraud -
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Fraud implies deliberate lying
by gearup / October 25, 2004 6:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Voting fraud -

and as far as I can see what you have in Colorado is an untended system which is not updated regularly as opposed to deliberate and active fraud.

The system they use is flawed and needs fixing which is a far cry from fraud!If it means you cant trust the count in Colorado then it has to be fixed prior to the vote which probably isnt do-able. What the answer to this mess is is beyond me...

Collapse -
Re: Fraud implies deliberate lying
by SteveGargini / October 25, 2004 6:44 AM PDT

Not so much lying, since nobody is actually talking,
but it would appear that some people have deliberately registered to vote many times.
These systems are fairly new I understand, so any old registration is next to impossible.
The software should be capable of hunting down duplicates in seconds, so it beggars belief what crap system they are using. Sad

Collapse -
And that is EXACTLY what ACORN and its...
by Edward ODaniel / October 25, 2004 7:28 AM PDT

personnel have done.

Not just in Colorado but in other parts of the country including Florida, Ohio, Pensylvania, California, etc.

Other articles have been linked to in the past but here is one such that readily comes to hand.
http://billhobbs.com/hobbsonline/004706.html

Just do a news search on "ACORN" WITH "voter fraud".

Then there is The Democratic operative in Ohio (Thaddeus Jackson II of Cleveland, assistant Ohio director of the NAACP National Voter Fund) who is involved in allegations of paying for votes with Crack. (Another article here http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041019/NEWS09/410190343 )

46,000 New York City voters are also registered to vote in Florida and over 68% are registered as Democrats, 12% Republicans, and 16% with no party affiliation.

Interesting info and links here too http://viewfromaheight.blogspot.com/2004/09/vote-fraud-in-colorado.html

The deliberate lying and falsification exacerbates any existing culling problems in the registration system.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?