The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Vote Tom for Best Looking Male Podcaster of the Year

by provosaint / April 25, 2008 6:19 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Vote Tom for Best Looking Male Podcaster of the Year
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Vote Tom for Best Looking Male Podcaster of the Year
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wow...
by paintguru / April 25, 2008 6:21 AM PDT

There is a reason some of these guys are in podcasting.

Sorry, had to vote for Dr. Tiki here....he is probably the best looking guy in the bunch (from a hetero male point of view).

Collapse -
No offense taken
by acedtect-20196213851867054973637995818137 / April 28, 2008 1:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Wow...

I voted for Dr. Tiki as well. I mean, come on. He has a lab coat and can prescribe booze. That's hot!

Collapse -
Vote Tom for Best Looking Male Podcaster of the Year
by wizkids32 / April 25, 2008 7:48 AM PDT

I did vote for Tom because he is a good podcaster Sorry I like Tom better than the other guy Sorry but I like Tom better.

Collapse -
Uhhh....
by doompod / April 25, 2008 10:24 AM PDT

please tell me all of you are girls. let the girls decide who is the best looking GUY in podcasting! and guys can vote on best looking WOMAN in podcasting! not such a hard thing to do. Thank you

Collapse -
So only women...
by paintguru / April 25, 2008 10:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Uhhh....

...can determine if a guy is good looking? I had no idea.

Collapse -
well...
by doompod / April 25, 2008 11:19 AM PDT
In reply to: So only women...

I'm saying that women should be the primary factor yes. I don't find anything wrong with a guy complimenting a guy on his looks, as long as it doesn't cross that line to where someone ends up at the hospital. You always want to watch what you are saying because sometimes the wrong words can slip out and you don't know if they are angry/violent with people that offend them.
But yeah, only women please.
A guy can guess if a woman might find interest into a guy by his personality and appearance, but not much further than that.
If you don't want to go beyond the line by accident, just say something like, "looking sharp/good/etc. today man," or anything on that line.

Collapse -
So I can't say....
by paintguru / April 25, 2008 11:41 AM PDT
In reply to: well...

...I think Dr. Tiki is hot? Happy

Collapse -
Go for it
by ktreb / April 25, 2008 11:59 AM PDT
In reply to: So I can't say....
Wink
Collapse -
perhaps
by ktreb / April 25, 2008 12:13 PM PDT

Other than the one who started this thread (and I don't know for sure), I'm pretty sure wizkid and paintguru are men (not boys, mind you, MEN). Wizkid, if you are a woman, I'm sorry. I'm a woman. And as a woman, I applaud that men can find other men attractive and not lose their sense of hetero masculinity (for lack of better words). I find that it shows a sign of maturity and being comfortable with their own sexuality. Of course, there is a difference between saying "so and so is a good looking man" and unwanted sexual advances. I don't think the latter is taking place here. If the latter were to occur, the mature man could say, "I'm sorry...I'm not interested," or "I'm not gay." Either way, the mature man will take it in stride and perhaps feel a little bit flattered. I would hope that he can back away gracefully without having to resort to violence.

I am taking this way too seriously. Sorry, Tom...Dr. Tiki is floating my boat right now.

Collapse -
If that's the case...
by Slikkster / April 25, 2008 8:49 PM PDT
In reply to: perhaps

Please do NOT define "boat".

Collapse -
but...
by doompod / April 26, 2008 7:16 AM PDT
In reply to: perhaps

I can partially see how you might get that, not losing your temper is a sign of maturity, no one should hit someone because of what they do, that doesn't solve anything except create more violence between the two types of people. But, you have to understand that if I dislike someone people of what they do, like getting too comfortable with their sexuality to where you accept ceratin people and their actions that disgust me, or the people that disgust me themselves, then it is okay if I dislike them. It is not juvenille or immature, it is just a show of your beliefs and morality.

And why do you lust after people in such a way? floating your boat? don't you think that is a little immature?

Collapse -
it's okay to dislike
by ktreb / April 26, 2008 10:27 AM PDT
In reply to: but...

But I didn't want this thread to go into a direction where people start spewing hate. You stated your opinions, I stated mine. Let's leave it at that.

One more thing before I leave this thread...I'm probably old enough to be your mother...I can lust if want, nah nah nah nah nah nah! Wink

Collapse -
uh...
by doompod / April 27, 2008 11:20 AM PDT
In reply to: it's okay to dislike

you think i'm some little junior high year old or something? lol
Just a word of advice, it's not healthy for a person to lust after something or someone that they know isn't right for them.

Collapse -
One day
by Nicholas Buenk / April 26, 2008 1:56 PM PDT

That kind of dislike will be viewed with the sort of distaste racism is.

Collapse -
let me explain....
by doompod / April 27, 2008 11:23 AM PDT
In reply to: One day

Disliking someone because of their normality conflicting with your morality isn't always wrong.
But, racism is not a subject that can be compared to "morality" differences.

P.S.: I'm trying not to bring up certain topics.

Collapse -
It is certainly not illegal... but its not "O.K."
by minimalist / April 27, 2008 7:49 AM PDT

anymore than it is O.K. to dislike other people for their race, religion or gender.

Collapse -
Foot, meet mouth
by Papa Chango / April 27, 2008 11:09 AM PDT

>I don't find anything wrong with a guy complimenting a guy on
>his looks, as long as it doesn't cross that line to where
>someone ends up at the hospital.
>You always want to watch what you are saying because sometimes the >wrong words can slip out and you don't know if they are >angry/violent with people that offend them.

Youre right... reading the above I realize that the wrong words can make someone sound like a total idiot.

I for one find Tom sexually stimulating and will vote for him for the pretty eye candy that he is. If you want me to vote on whose physical appearance turns me on the most, then mister Merritt is the one that I will vote for. Tall, smart and geeky is always guaranteed to please.

You are not asking for best or brightest, you are asking for sex appeal. Might as well just ask "Which podcaster would you like to engage in forbidden carnal delights?". Or you can be a prude about it.

tom is trailing 58-41% so go on everyone and vote for him...

Collapse -
yes, but
by ktreb / April 27, 2008 1:35 PM PDT
In reply to: Foot, meet mouth

my head says "Tom" but my heart says "Tiki"

LOI Then LOL

Collapse -
Umm..
by Nicholas Buenk / April 26, 2008 1:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Uhhh....

Don't you think that's a bit of an out of date attitude?
Let me give you a little hint also. Silicon valley is right next to san francisco.

Collapse -
well.........
by doompod / April 28, 2008 2:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Umm..

Considering the entire population of the United States, yes, I do think that most Americans think that. But, do we need to change every moral we have? That's like saying that murder is out of date and no one should be punished for it. You have to think of who actually is changing these morals that we have lived by. What has been done that has changed our belief system?

Collapse -
That is a horrible analogy
by minimalist / April 28, 2008 9:59 AM PDT
In reply to: well.........

<i>But, do we need to change every moral we have? That's like saying that murder is out of date and no one should be punished for it. </i>

There is no comparison whatsoever between two men or or two women in love, living their lives together and minding their own business and someone committing and act of murder.

And don't forget there used to be "moral" excuses for keeping black people and women in their places too. Morality has often been used as a justification to uphold prejudice.

Collapse -
I do have to say
by Slikkster / April 25, 2008 8:58 PM PDT

that this kind of vote reminds me of the classic "Vote for Chris Christmas Rodriguez" campaign popularized by (among others) Amanda Congdon of Rocketboom fame:

http://www.rocketboom.com/vlog/rb_04_nov_19

You'll need to watch the entire video to get the voting parallel. And, I must say, this thread's vote is probably about as important as the Rodriguez vote.

Collapse -
Most definatly.
by BrianED / April 26, 2008 4:20 AM PDT
In reply to: I do have to say

I'll vote for the good of BOL, but I won't judge Tom.

Collapse -
I'll vote for
by fbbbb / April 27, 2008 6:18 AM PDT

Patrick Norton.

Because he's the same shape as me Silly

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?