Speakeasy forum

General discussion

VOTE !!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: VOTE !!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: VOTE !!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT)Re: VOTE!! FM DNC: FL Dems be sure to vote early & often

In reply to: VOTE !!!

Collapse -
VOTE !!! Yes

Voting Yes for Regime Change.

Thanks MKay for the link.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Definitely!!

Collapse -
Already done ...

I did embarrass myself in the process, though. The last time I visited the county election office was when I registered years ago.

After I arrived at the county courthouse, I discovered that the election office had moved to a different building ... 2 years ago ... so I had to find the new office in order to do the early vote.

This morning I rode my bike through town (it has been a glorious day for riding today) and noticed quite a line at the election office, presumably for voters, on the last day of the early voting.

I don't know how it works in other places, but around here the election office has been allowing early voting until noon on Saturday mornings. They will not allow voting on Monday, presumably to allow them to get everything ready for Tuesday. They told me there were several hundred people voting every day. In a small county that adds up to quite a few early voters.

Collapse -
Re: Already done ...so have we

In reply to: Already done ...

Collapse -
Re: Already done ...so have we

In reply to: Re: Already done ...so have we

Gee..With all these States voting 1 and 2 weeks early the election will be over by the time I get to vote on Tuesday. Good idea, but our State does'nt have that option. Wish it did. Guess I'll have to pack a lunch when I go.

George

Collapse -
DON'T VOTE

unless you are informed about the issues, candidates, etc. Otherwise you are diluting the votes of serious citizens.

Collapse -
Re: DON'T VOTE

In reply to: DON'T VOTE

Not to fear EdH anybody who reads this forum and in particular your wisdom filled additions had got to be a well informed citizen.

Collapse -
Re: DON'T VOTE

In reply to: Re: DON'T VOTE

damn I wish I could edit...

MEANT has got to be...

Collapse -
Re: VOTE !!! -- K and I already did, MK...

Of course, thanks to the gerrymander we don't have a choice for Congresscritter, and this year (for the first time) we can't even write someone in Sad

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Re: VOTE !!! -- K and I already did, MK...

In reply to: Re: VOTE !!! -- K and I already did, MK...

Actually I figure in another cycle or two there will be no write in available anywhere, except maybe for mayor and town council in very small towns.

That's the way it's going, good or bad.

RogerNC

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Re: VOTE !!!

Yep. I voted last Tuesday and I will vote again this Tuesday. Happy

(Diff. election last Tues.)

George

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Vote early and vote often?

In reply to: Re: VOTE !!!

Collapse -
Re: (NT) Vote early and vote often?

In reply to: (NT) Vote early and vote often?

Hi Dr. Bill; I noticed you said previously you had already voted. Early voting? Thats new to me. We have to wait until Tuesday. I doult if that early voting would fly up here. Especially Sat. Most workers get Tuesday off to vote around here.

George

Collapse -
It's new down here ...

In reply to: Re: (NT) Vote early and vote often?

Or at least it is new to me. I think they offered it in my county for the general election 2 years ago but I'm not sure. A lot of places in the US do this now, but I don't remember the history behind the decision to permit it. I did file an absentee ballot for my first general election, back when I was in college. I remember having to convince the clerk in my college town that I really did need to vote absentee. I was only 30 miles from home, but without reliable transportation it might as well have been 3000 miles. Other than that I've voted in person on election day every time since. That is, until this year. I had something planned Tuesday afternoon, so I took advantage of the 'no excuse early voting'. It is different from an absentee ballot since I used an actual voting machine so there is no mail-in required. Also, I did not have to give a reason for voting early. They let anybody vote early. I presume my name was marked on the voter record as already recorded but I don't know how the process works.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Voted Monday before last :)

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.