General discussion

VOLTAGE CONVERTERS??

I am about to buy a Gateway NV 7915u Laptop. I divide my time between USA and Europe. Will this laptop work with Europe's 220 volt electric system. Thanks. Jason

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: VOLTAGE CONVERTERS??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: VOLTAGE CONVERTERS??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Why not ask the shop?

Generally, laptops come with an adapter. Most adapters are suitable for both 110 and 230 V. Some might not be. It's not a property of the laptop anyway, but of the adapter.
If the original one doesn't, you certainly will be able to buy a third party one that does.

Kees

- Collapse -
THANK YOU

Kees: Thanks for taking the time to answer my question RE: Volatage converters. Jason C.

- Collapse -
as far as i know

most laptop power supplies are 110/240 50-60Hz,
which makes them US/Europe compatible

jonah

- Collapse -
THANKS

Jonah: Thanks for answering my voltage converter query. Jason C.

- Collapse -
Link, comment.
http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668369.php and an email and elsewhere is a phone number but today's laptops come with adapters that are marked with 90 to about 240 VAC and 50 or 60 Hz which means they work worldwide.

In the past decade all the office laptops have this and not a single unit at the stores has been 110VAC only.

Hope this helps,
Bob
- Collapse -
THANK YOU

BOB: A most helpful reply to my query about voltage converter issue. Thanks for taking the time. Jason C.

CNET Forums

Forum Info