Phones forum

Question

Voicemail notification is where on S6 Verizon???

Voicemail notification is where on S6 Verizon???

I do not see a Voicemail indicator when I receive a voicemail.
I see a notification on the screen and that is it.

Shouldn't there be a little dot or something on the phone icon on bottom of screen?

I am using Verizon voicemail and not Google voice.

Thanks
Peter

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Voicemail notification is where on S6 Verizon???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Voicemail notification is where on S6 Verizon???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Looks to be happening.

In reply to: Voicemail notification is where on S6 Verizon???

Note: I removed the link as that forum appears to have been hacked.

From another Android forum:
"You need to log onto your verizon account on your computer and then switch the voicemail. Go to the free one and not the visual voicemail. Something like that. I just looked and the interface changed and I can't find where to do it now. It is a plan feature."

Post was last edited on August 29, 2015 2:20 PM PDT

Collapse -

In reply to: Looks to be happening.

Thanks, I called verizon and voicemail is indeed on and working.
Verizon had no idea re this.
Samsung tech support level 2 had no clue.

Not sure what you mean by logging into verizon account and switch the voicemail, I see no option at all.

Thanks
Peter

Collapse -
My buddy has Ver too.

In reply to: ..

But I won't be able to poke around their account for a month as nothing is wrong so I can't look. But it is a problem from what folk are reporting. Verizon is on the hook on this one.
Bob

Collapse -
Voicemail icon missing Samsung S6 solved.

In reply to: My buddy has Ver too.

Okay I found it.The VM indicator does not show on the phone icon at bottom of home screen. You need to click on Apps on right bottom.
Then look for a folder called Verizon. Take the "Voice Mail" icon (slide it out of there) and place it on the home screen. Then it will show a number on that icon when you have a voicemail

Now there

Thanks
Peter

Collapse -

In reply to: My buddy has Ver too.

Solved S6 voicemail indicator missing on S6

Okay I found it.The VM indicator does not show on the phone icon at bottom of home screen. You need to click on Apps on right bottom.
Then look for a folder called Verizon. Take the "Voice Mail" icon (slide it out of there) and place it on the home screen. Then it will show a number on that icon when you have a voicemail

Now there

Thanks
Peter

Collapse -

In reply to: ..

Now there

Thanks
Peter

Collapse -

In reply to: Looks to be happening.

Now there

Thanks
Peter

Collapse -
Answer
Chat with Verizon

In reply to: Voicemail notification is where on S6 Verizon???

Used the chat function with Verizon and they fixed it in 5 minutes. That's the only way to get rid of it.

Collapse -
Problem solved.....

In reply to: Chat with Verizon

....time to close this thread.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.