Question

Voicemail notification is where on S6 Verizon???

Voicemail notification is where on S6 Verizon???

I do not see a Voicemail indicator when I receive a voicemail.
I see a notification on the screen and that is it.

Shouldn't there be a little dot or something on the phone icon on bottom of screen?

I am using Verizon voicemail and not Google voice.

Thanks
Peter

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Voicemail notification is where on S6 Verizon???
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Voicemail notification is where on S6 Verizon???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Looks to be happening.

Note: I removed the link as that forum appears to have been hacked.

From another Android forum:
"You need to log onto your verizon account on your computer and then switch the voicemail. Go to the free one and not the visual voicemail. Something like that. I just looked and the interface changed and I can't find where to do it now. It is a plan feature."

Post was last edited on August 29, 2015 2:20 PM PDT

- Collapse -

Thanks, I called verizon and voicemail is indeed on and working.
Verizon had no idea re this.
Samsung tech support level 2 had no clue.

Not sure what you mean by logging into verizon account and switch the voicemail, I see no option at all.

Thanks
Peter

- Collapse -
My buddy has Ver too.

But I won't be able to poke around their account for a month as nothing is wrong so I can't look. But it is a problem from what folk are reporting. Verizon is on the hook on this one.
Bob

- Collapse -
Voicemail icon missing Samsung S6 solved.

Okay I found it.The VM indicator does not show on the phone icon at bottom of home screen. You need to click on Apps on right bottom.
Then look for a folder called Verizon. Take the "Voice Mail" icon (slide it out of there) and place it on the home screen. Then it will show a number on that icon when you have a voicemail

Now there

Thanks
Peter

- Collapse -

Solved S6 voicemail indicator missing on S6

Okay I found it.The VM indicator does not show on the phone icon at bottom of home screen. You need to click on Apps on right bottom.
Then look for a folder called Verizon. Take the "Voice Mail" icon (slide it out of there) and place it on the home screen. Then it will show a number on that icon when you have a voicemail

Now there

Thanks
Peter

- Collapse -

Now there

Thanks
Peter

- Collapse -

Now there

Thanks
Peter

- Collapse -
Answer
Chat with Verizon

Used the chat function with Verizon and they fixed it in 5 minutes. That's the only way to get rid of it.

- Collapse -
Problem solved.....

....time to close this thread.

CNET Forums