Question

VLC White Bars

I have vertical white bars all over my vlc media player and really don't know what to do about it. Btw, I have a Windows XP. How do I fix this?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: VLC White Bars
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: VLC White Bars
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
First you would think

First you would think about what changed since it worked. You elected not to reveal machine or other details so you may be on your own here.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Correct!

Hi fakelakerpants,

This is a discussion board.

To have a good discussion, the more details, the better.

Otherwise, even the most seasoned, experienced, and the best, IT people will have no idea what you are talking about. It's a two-way street here. Too many causes and too few clues.

So, let's have a discussion the proper way.

- Collapse -
Sorry about that

First of all, Thank you both for the reply to my post.

Sorry about the bad info. I've never done this discussion forum thing before. Anyways, I just recently installed it on my external hard drive and there are these white vertical bars over the vlc player when I played a video. The video itself plays fine though. If you ask me questions about the issue it might be easier for me to give you more detail. Otherwise i don't really know what to tell you about it.<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">

- Collapse -
Sometimes

a program does not like to be installed in other places than the usual place: such as C:\Program Files\VLC Player.

Uninstall with the external drive connected, then install in the default location on the C:\ drive.

You can also use a site like mediafire.com (http://www.mediafire.com/) to post a screencapture of the video player problem if you wish so we can see it.

- Collapse -
Problem Solved

I never figured out exactly why the white lines were all ove the screen, but I took your advice and installed VLC on the computer and it worked well. I actually coppied it from there on to my external hd and it worked just the same. Thanks a lot for your help! I appreciate it!

CNET Forums