Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

Vizio VX20L - I can't change the channels...

Oct 26, 2008 12:44PM PDT

I got a Vizio VX20L LCD TV and it was working fine until now. For some reason, I can't change the channels through my remote or by pressing the buttons on the TV (the + and -). However, all other functions work such as changing volume or changing channels by inputting the numbers themselves.

Can anyone with a Vizio shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
VIZIO issue
Oct 27, 2008 2:51AM PDT

Don't know your particular problem as I haven't had any issues (knock on wood), but I have had several questions and called VIZIO. I have been pleasantly surprised with how responsive and helpful their service department has been. Give it a try: http://www.vizio.com/support.aspx.

If there is defect they have great product guarantees too, so you should be fine.

- Collapse -
Can't change the channels
Feb 9, 2011 8:06PM PST

Hello A_milli-Did you ever get an answer to your issue? We just started having the exact problem. Vizio customer support isn't open yet.

- Collapse -
i just call to the support center
Sep 23, 2011 6:45AM PDT

here the following guide: by using the side buttons on the TV.
press MENU, by using volume + (( move to TV satellite)), and then by pressing ch - , move that to "auto search" and press vol +, then wait for loading till 100 percent. then u r done ..