General discussion

VITS lines visible on television from broadcast signal

I recently upgraded to a Vizio LCD TV and have visible VITS lines on the top of the screen while watching broadcast TV. It's predominately on one channel but I don't see it at all times on that channel and it's visible on other channels occasionally. Vizio is telling me the TV is fine and it's the TV station or my antenna. This particular TV doesn't have any user adjustment of the picture position while watching broadcast TV. I'm guessing the TV is overscanning and / or it's not centered correctly but since it's primarily but not always one channel it's hard for me to argue with Vizio. I have no idea how it could be my antenna.
Does this sound like the TV or the stations? Is there a spec on where the VITS lines are broadcast such that they should never be seen on the TV screen?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: VITS lines visible on television from broadcast signal
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: VITS lines visible on television from broadcast signal
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try the satelliteguys.us forum

Although it has 'satellite' in the URL/name, they cover just about everything tuner-related as far as cable/sat/OTA reception is concerned. Some very astute folks over there who have good technical information to share on hardware, etc. Here's the URL-

http://www.satelliteguys.us

good luck,
Pedro

- Collapse -
It is under scan

I never owned a Vizio but somewhere there should be a setting that increases the image by just a little, it would be in the menu area. This is different then zoom, stretch, full...

- Collapse -
There is no such adjustment on this TV

There is no such adjustment on this TV while watching broadcast TV. For whatever reason, I can make picture adjustments (position, size, ..) while on the HDMI input but not on the antenna input. That's why I'm thinking it's a factory adjustment but Vizio keeps blaming the station or my antenna.

CNET Forums

Forum Info