Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Vista sound playback problem

by JeromeJunior / December 2, 2008 9:26 PM PST

I have one problem, so, im using vista ultimate x64 and problem is with my mp3 playback. for example, when i want to play frank sinatra - moon river, foobar, or winamp or wmp plays rolling stones - angie, system of a down - atwa is sultans of swing etc... not all of songs are miss played.
im not new with tehnology and that stuff, im new with vista, installed 4 days before, and it is verry strange to me.

does anyone know what is the problem, thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Vista sound playback problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Vista sound playback problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
64 Bit Driver Issues...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / December 3, 2008 3:01 AM PST

64 bit systems frequently have device drivers that are up to par.. As such, new and improved drivers are constantly being created and 64 bit Vista is one that may have a new one that will improve the sound of your music.. Visit the computer manufacturer's website or the sound card's website and see if there is an updated driver for your sound device.. If so, download and install it.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
by Renegade Knight / December 4, 2008 6:17 AM PST

It really helps if you clearly describe your problem.

I think you said. "When I try to play Moon River winamp instead plays something else"

I had that problem when Vista corrupted my entire music and picture library. Sometimes I have that problem when nothing is corrupted. Rebooting fixe the latter. The former takes a lot of work to fix by repairing all your music file tags, or a restore if you have a back up.

Collapse -
Vista sound playback problem
by JeromeJunior / December 4, 2008 9:47 PM PST
In reply to: Clarity.

Thx for replies, problem solved...
it seems that usb connected remote hard drive had error because my friend disconnected it unsafe, so i copied all my music again and everything is working.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?