General discussion

Vista slow setups

It's been like this since the moment I received my computer a few years back, and now its getting irritating. When I download stuff, and when its finished, I click the "setup" icon, and i have to wait from 5~10 mins before the UAC panel comes up and asks me if i should allow it or not, after clicking yes it takes another 3~4 mins then the installer pops up. Would anyone like to inform me on how to fix this problem?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Vista slow setups
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Vista slow setups
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
My brother had a machine like that.

It was one of those Sempron single core machines with 512MB and ... Vista.

The cure was to replace the machine as we couldn't swap out the CPU.
Bob

- Collapse -
Vista slow setups

vista eat lots of memory, one possible way is to upgrade your system to 2G mem
and you can also try to disable some unwanted/unimportant start up service when system starts.

- Collapse -
Tried that.

The machine was just too low end. We borrowed more ram and it helped but it was never going to be a happy experience. He returned it for a dual core machine with more ram.
Bob

- Collapse -
Slow Vista

Why not ungrade to Windows 7?

CNET Forums

Forum Info