Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Vista non compatibility with creative nomad jukebox zen xtra

by timeport / June 21, 2009 11:01 AM PDT

I have a Creative nomad jukebox zen xtra 30 GB that worked perfectly for several years with ME version. That older computer crashed and I updated to a new system with Vista 32 bit. Most all of my older software programs that I had discs for loaded in Vista and work fine. The Creative jukebox MP3 player will not operate. Microsoft claims that it is compatible but gets their info from the manufacturer which is Creative. I have tried many times to access info from creative but the site is a never ending shuffle of one forum to another, downloads and tech references that go no where.
You can't find a solid place where it states that they have any updated firmware or drivers that will make this player work in Vista.
I have the original disc and when I load it the organizer will load but when the player is plugged in it is not recognized by the computer and the organizer will stop working. The computer shows the Nomad player as not connected. There are many frustrated people all across the net who can't get these players to operate under this system and receive nothing but a runaround from Creative.
It was the same way when I got the player and had a couple questions from Creative. Their customer service is non-existant. Can anyone offer any help on this. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Vista non compatibility with creative nomad jukebox zen xtra
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Vista non compatibility with creative nomad jukebox zen xtra
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I wonder what PC this is.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 22, 2009 2:06 AM PDT

While I didn't have the nomad 30gb to play with just last week I fixed an all too similar complaint with a HOME BREW MACHINE. Not a single MP3 player would work with it until I installed Windows proper.

Your post told very little about this new machine.
Bob

Collapse -
Creative Jukebox Nomad Zen Xtra incompatibility with Vista
by timeport / June 22, 2009 12:04 PM PDT

The new system is a Compaq Pressario SR5710Y with AMD Athlon x 2
using Windows Vista Home Premium that came installed.
Thanks

Collapse -
That's a desktop so try...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 23, 2009 12:07 AM PDT

Try the rear USB ports and don't use any hub or extension cable. At least I don't run into the issue I wrote about on HP machines unless the owner has reinstalled the OS.
Bob

Collapse -
Thats a desktop so try....
by timeport / June 23, 2009 9:20 PM PDT

Thank you Bob for your reply. I tried the rear USB ports as you suggested, I had been going in the front, but the result was the same. The player is not recognized and won't do anything. I have also tried a Windows help suggestion about running the disc program on Vista as if it were the older ME version but that didnt work either. Thanks.

Collapse -
I looked for this model
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 23, 2009 11:23 PM PDT
Collapse -
Longer link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 23, 2009 11:29 PM PDT

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!