Microsoft didn't make your machine and causes many machines to need reinstalling of the OS if you accept drivers from them.
These are optional for a reason.
When the PC restarts, it doesn't matter if I try to use safe mode, last good config, or start windows normally, it keeps restarting the machine but never boots.
My system is brand new. There are no USB devices connected to it (except mouse and keyboard).
The problem occurs when trying to install one (ore more) of the below updates.
- (standard mouse types) - imput - USB HID -compliant mouse
- NVIDIA corporation driver update for NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller
- NVIDIA corporation driver update for NVIDIA nForce serial ATA Controller
- NVIDIA corporation driver update for NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
- NVIDIA corporation driver update for NVIDIA nForce Network Controller
Realtek Semicondutor Corp. - Network - Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
- Samsung - Other Hardware - SyncMaster 226BW(Digital)
I haven't try to install one update at a time yet but will do on the next few days and report which one is the problem maker.
CPU: INTEL QUAD CORE Q9550
HD's: 2 X 320GB SATA II 3GB 16MB 7200RPM HD in RAID-0
MOBO: EVGA NFORCE 680I SLI 775 MB
RAM: CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel, + 2 X 1G DDR2 PC6400 MEMORY
VIDEO CARDS: 2 X EVGA NVIDIA 9800GTX 512MB PCI-E
OS: WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE 64 BIT