Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Vista/HP and the easy internet sign-up pop up

by Fourdave / February 27, 2007 6:45 AM PST

After a search of the forums all i found on this was the answer "run it" .... been there done that, anyway how do i get rid of this thing, i have tried answering with all the choices and none of them seem to work, this things pops up every 10 to 30 minuts, I went to hp.com and all they showed was a fix for XP, (tried it, no luck) I found nothing in the add remove programs, so i deleted the folder under programs, still pops up, any help???
Thanks Dave

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Vista/HP and the easy internet sign-up pop up
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Vista/HP and the easy internet sign-up pop up
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
bump
by Fourdave / February 28, 2007 9:13 PM PST

Come on people, I can't be the only one with this??????????????

Collapse -
HP pop up
by Yao Tien Huang / March 1, 2007 11:03 AM PST
In reply to: bump

Experiencing the same problem. Don't know how to fix it, too.

Collapse -
Samie issue
by ghew2091 / March 1, 2007 7:09 PM PST

I'm having the same problem. I'm also getting a popup for extended warrenty programs from HP.

Collapse -
pop up
by Fourdave / March 1, 2007 9:37 PM PST

does anyone maybe know what this thing would be under in the registry, mayby i could delete it from there...........thanks
Dave

Collapse -
Vista/HP and the easy internet sign-up pop up
by Bruce_Say / March 19, 2007 6:36 AM PDT

This is a hidden scheduled task. If you go into Task Scheduler (Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Task Scheduler), then choose View and check mark the Show Hidden Tasks - then choose the time duration that you want it to show you for tasks that have run recently - I chose within the last hour (which narrowed things down). Look for InternetServices and doubleclick on it to view it's details. Now you can right click on it to delete it.

Collapse -
thanks
by Fourdave / March 19, 2007 8:43 AM PDT

Thanks for the help, figured out through HP that was how to disable it, but my task schedular is mess up, i have to do a complete system restore, I do not yet have a backup sorce for my photos and programs as i do not have the computer i transfered them from anymore, so for now i just live with it till i can get a backup drive, thanks again

Dave

Collapse -
Easy Internet Signup, no delete option
by malhotraspokane / March 25, 2007 11:57 AM PDT

Hello, I have the same problem and have found the scheduled task in Task Scheduler but do not see any delete option. Nothing happens if I right click on the selected task. Delete key doesn't do anything. No delete option in any of the menus or panes. Does anyone have any other ideas as to how to remove this?

Collapse -
Easy Internet Sign-up
by CeliaOblinger / March 25, 2007 12:04 PM PDT

You have to DOUBLE-CLICK the task in the LOWER pane - in the Active Tasks.

Initially, I had the same proble that you did - I could find no way to delete the task!

But if you follow exactly the steps in my previous post - it works!

~ Celia ~

Collapse -
Thank You guys!
by Csheroe / August 22, 2008 7:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Easy Internet Sign-up

Thank you very much everyone.
I was playing games.
and this was poping up..crashing my game.
Thanks guys!

Collapse -
HP NB/Vista Premium and easy Internet sign-up
by cadtiger1 / June 17, 2007 5:24 AM PDT

I do not see how to remove this from the scheduled task as indicated...more info is most appreciated..as my right click does nothing?

Collapse -
How to Disable Easy Internet Sign-Up on Vista Computers
by CeliaOblinger / March 20, 2007 8:54 AM PDT

I figured it out! It is running as a Scheduled Task...

Do this to disable it...

1.) Make sure that you are logged on as an administrator.
2.) Open the Control Panel.
3.) Under Administrative Tools, click on "Schedule tasks".
4.) On the lower part of the next screen, in the "Active Tasks" section, double-click the line that says "InternetServiceOffers".
5.) On the next screen, three (probably) tasks will come up. Right-click on the one that says "InternetServiceOffers".
6.) Then, click on "Disable".

Man, this was ANNOYING. I contacted HP support by email - they never responded again after their auto-receipt email.

Hope this helps!

~ Celia ~

Collapse -
Bless You!
by oldwoman06 / April 14, 2007 11:16 PM PDT

It worked. I have disabled it in the Scheduler Library and haven't heard from it in the last hour. Another reason not to get an HP computer.

Thanks!

Collapse -
HP
by Stephaniejk / May 27, 2007 12:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Bless You!

Thanks for the fix everyone, my inlaws were having this problem and this fix seems to work. I work at HP (not in this area) and I've turned this issue into our Voice of the Customer forum, to make the right person at HP aware of the issue. To me it sounds like a programming issue with the opt-out functionality (maybe within Vista?).
I can only speak from my opinion and not on behalf of the company, but please don't take it as a reflection on HP - they really do care about the customer experience.

Collapse -
THANK YOU!!!
by suemarino / April 18, 2007 2:11 AM PDT

I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone here how annoying that message was. I'm so happy to be rid of it.

Collapse -
Thankyou!
by toyneboy / April 25, 2007 4:44 PM PDT

What an annoyance!! I have a 'friend' who works for the manufacturer of these systems and 'he' is as confused and annoyed as everyone else as to why they deem it a good idea to load so much junk-ware on their, otherwise, beautifully engineered products. 'He' will be offering feedback internally... trust me!

Collapse -
HP easy internet sign up pop up
by HPfix / April 26, 2007 4:30 AM PDT

OH MY GOD i FINALLY got this issue resolved, four calls, several hours on the phone, 10,000 pop-ups, a few years of my life...try this:

Use the following steps to uninstall the Easy Internet Sign-up software:

1. Click the Vista Button, and in the area labeled ?start search? type in Task Scheduler

2. Click on the result at the top; Task Scheduler

3. Click on Continue if you are prompted with User Access Control asking for permission

4. Disable all the following tasks:

' ExtendedService Plan - After Triggered, repeat every 30
minutes indefinitely.

' HPCeeScheduleForryan After Triggered, repeat every 6 hrs for
3000 hrs (30.00:00:00)

' InternetServiceOffers After Triggered, repeat every 30 minutes
indefinitely.

' Norton Internet Security Every Friday of every week

' Registration After Triggered, repeat every 30 minutes
indefinitely.

' ServicePlan Multiple Triggers Defined

Collapse -
HP easy internet sign up pop up
by James Stewart / May 29, 2007 3:15 AM PDT

Many thanks for your instructions as to how to disable this annoying pop up.

I have no clue as to why HP put all this junk on my new computer. If it was to convince me never to buy another HP computer, it was a success.

This is a beautiful laptop, but it came as a "kit", though I expected a completed product. You have to disable all this advertising junk and load the software you bought yourself.

I, too have spent hours fooling with this thing. I just wanted a hammer to drive a nail just like my old Dell laptop did so well. I didn't want to have to build a hammer.....

I was about an hour away from boxing this thing up and sending it back when I found this fix. Maybe I can search and find fixes for the other issues with this computer and VISTA.

Thanks for telling me how to get rid of this annoying easy internet signup popup.

James T. Stewart

Collapse -
Here is what to do
by psychology78 / May 7, 2007 2:01 PM PDT

1. Go to your task schedular

2. Click on the Task Schedular (local) bullet on left side

3. This will bring up your Task Schedular Library bullet. Click on it.

4. Here you can see your scheduled tasks and the times that they are set to run. Delete the tasks you don't want to run.

Collapse -
First thing I did when I got my HP
by mark04276 / May 7, 2007 10:27 PM PDT

In control panel/add & remove programs

anything that wasnt hardware specific, I removed all HP programs. They (Dell and Gateway does too) put alot of that crap on a computer, and all it does is so down the computer to start with. Never mind the annoyances.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?