1. There is a forum just for that product. see http://forum.makemusic.com/

2. There is some 64 bit update to 2010a at http://www.finalemusic.com/Finale/System-Requirements.aspx Yes it says 7 but I've lost count of how many times...

3. " What to do in case of a bad CD or DVD
Last Updated: 04/27/2009 11:16 AM
Article ID: 135
Question

I think I may have a bad installation disc. What can I do?
Answer

If you suspect you may have a damaged or warped installation CD or DVD, there are a few things you can test to see if the disc is working.

1. When you insert the disc in your computer, does it automatically start the installation wizard or show you the contents of the disc? If it does not, there may simply be a process running on your computer that is stopping disc's "auto-run" feature.
* On Windows computers, if the disc does not start on its own, open your My Computer window (from the Start men) and try double-clicking on the Finale CD or DVD icon. This should start the installer. If it does not, right click on the CD or DVD drive icon and click "Explore" in the menu. This will open a folder showing the contents of the disc. Double-click on the "Setup" or "Install" icon.
* On Macintosh computers, when you insert the disc in your computer, an icon representing the CD should appear on your desktop. If it does not, try re-inserting the disc. You will want to double-click on the "Install" or "Setup" icon in the folder to start the install.
2. If you are having other problems with your installation, or nothing above works, make sure that your disc drive itself is not at fault. Try inserting the disc in other computers, or try inserting other discs in the suspect drive and see if they open/run properly. If the disc works in another computer, see if you can make a copy of it, and the try installing the program on your original computer using the copy.
3. Make sure there are no visible scratches, marks, or other signs of damage on the disc. If you continue to have problems, please contact our Technical Support team for further help."

Seems they are waiting to hear from you.
Bob