Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

Vista Freezes Solid Trying to Connect to Some Wireless Nets

by roopie / October 23, 2007 1:41 AM PDT

Whenever I try to connect to certain public wireless networks Vista will lock up tight, which then necessitates a hard reboot. Does anyone know why this happens? Other public wireless networks I can connect to without a hitch. But certain "hot spots" are not too hot. Anyone have a clue as to why?

Thanks for any and all replies!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Vista Freezes Solid Trying to Connect to Some Wireless Nets
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Vista Freezes Solid Trying to Connect to Some Wireless Nets
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
We've discussed the wifi death ray before.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 23, 2007 2:22 AM PDT

The solution has been new wifi drivers everytime. I know it's rough on owners to solve this one.

Bob

Collapse -
Thanks Bob, but...
by roopie / October 23, 2007 3:17 AM PDT

...whenever I try to update the drivers for my network card and search online for mew drivers, I get the message that I already have the latest drivers for the card.

Collapse -
That's what the upgrade driver button in Windows will report
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 23, 2007 3:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Bob, but...

To really upgrade the drivers we need to get them manually and install them. Again, this is slightly rough on owners but the ones I've encountered (dells mostly) it's cured it each time.

Good hunting.

Bob

Collapse -
Vista Locks Up Tight Several Times A Day!
by roopie / October 24, 2007 9:00 AM PDT

Robert, I did as you suggested and downloaded a new driver for the Broadcom 802.11b/g LAN wireless ethernet adapter on my BRAND NEW HP Pavilion dv900 laptop. I manually installed the new driver, to no avail. The problem now seems as bad as ever if not worse. Now the only way I can connect to a wireless public network is to boot into Safe Mode and establish the connection that way, then re-boot into normal mode. And even then there is no guarantee that the damn VISTA machine will not lock up. It still sometimes does, particularly when attempting to download email. The mere act of downloading email maxes out the dual-core processor as I hold my breath to see if the mail will download before the machine freezes. Funny, all the years that I used XP I can't remember the machine EVER locking up or blue screening on me. In the ONE WEEK that I have had the new Vista laptop I have had 2 blue screens of death and, as stated in my header, the machine freezes up several times a day. All of those hard re-boots can't be good for the machine.

Any more suggestions or ideas would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Collapse -
CALL IT IN.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 24, 2007 9:31 AM PDT

This issue should be well known to the support line. Sadly my advice is for them to supply you a new driver, another make card or a full refund if they can't handle this simple issue. Sadly the drivers are from the maker and not generic so I can't supply you a fix.

Bob

Collapse -
Thanks Robert!
by roopie / October 28, 2007 5:36 AM PDT
In reply to: CALL IT IN.

After installing several different drivers for the Broadcom 802.11b/g wireless adapter, and hacking the registry with a reg hack to disable the DHCP BROADCAST flag in Windows Vista, the problem was still resident. HP tech support finally responded to mt emails with a BIOS flash upgrade that seems to have done the trick. Thanks for all you help!

Collapse -
Thanks for the final fix. Let me share...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 28, 2007 7:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Robert!

That a long dialog with HP about STANDBY or HIBERNATION issues ended with a new BIOS being issued.

I'm nonplussed about all the makers shipping units before they finished the "small things."

Bob

Collapse -
Robert, I Spoke Too Soon...
by roopie / November 3, 2007 6:30 AM PDT

I thought that the BIOS update had fixed my connection problem because it seemed to be working fine the day that I flashed the BIOS. However, the problem is ongoing. Some public WiFi spots I can connect to without much difficulty. Others, however, still cause Vista to freeze up solid. I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the net, from driver updates to Registry hacks to tweaks of the wireless network connection properties, and NOTHING so far seems to have resolved this problem. This BRAND NEW HP Vista laptop is essentially USELESS to me freezing up all the time. HP tech support was unable to provide me with a viable solution, other than to restore the machine to its factory condition and send it in for repair. This is not an option. I am almost at the point of wiping the HD and installing XP, but I am a bit concerned if there will be XP drivers for all the hardware in my BRAND NEW, HP Vista machine. Is there ANYONE out there who can provide me with a fix to this problem? I am DESPERATE for a solution!!!

Collapse -
There is no real fix save...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 3, 2007 11:34 AM PDT

Getting a different WIFI card from HP. But it's defective so you can just call it so and ask for full replacement or refund unless you get a fix this week. I would not ask for anything less since the issue is very well known (even I ran into it.)

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!