Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Vista BSOD's almost every time I sleep or go into standby

by Phil Malcolm / October 19, 2008 6:51 AM PDT

Hi,

I'm running windows vista ultimate on a four month old HP Pavillion laptop, and I'm experiencing some problems with BSOD's. They usually occur after I put my laptop into sleep mode, and I was hoping someone might be able to help me. Included is the information I could get from Problem Reports and Solutions.

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini101908-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 853806B0
BCP3: 86D23030
BCP4: 862FB8D0
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Vista BSOD's almost every time I sleep or go into standby
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Vista BSOD's almost every time I sleep or go into standby
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Who installed Ultimate?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 19, 2008 11:26 AM PDT

Installing Windows is tough. Installing Windows on a laptop is harder than bomb disposal. Are you sure the BIOS, motherboard drivers and all other drivers are exactly what the laptop maker wants?
Bob

Collapse -
I installed ultimate
by Phil Malcolm / October 19, 2008 11:32 AM PDT

I was actually the one who installed ultimate, and although I am not sure about the BIOS, the drivers should be fine, as I downloaded them all from HP's website.

Collapse -
Time to see what HP has to say.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 19, 2008 11:41 AM PDT
In reply to: I installed ultimate
Collapse -
Thanks
by Phil Malcolm / October 19, 2008 12:49 PM PDT

Ok, thanks for your help, i'll try that.

Collapse -
Thank you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 19, 2008 11:01 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

For not taking out your frustration on us. The issue is 99% sure to be BIOS, driver with something added beyond Microsoft and HP's issued products taking up the remaining 1%.

If the machine works fine with the factory load (let's hope so) then it's 99% sure not a hardware issue.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?