General discussion

Vista BSOD's almost every time I sleep or go into standby

Hi,

I'm running windows vista ultimate on a four month old HP Pavillion laptop, and I'm experiencing some problems with BSOD's. They usually occur after I put my laptop into sleep mode, and I was hoping someone might be able to help me. Included is the information I could get from Problem Reports and Solutions.

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini101908-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 853806B0
BCP3: 86D23030
BCP4: 862FB8D0
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Vista BSOD's almost every time I sleep or go into standby
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Vista BSOD's almost every time I sleep or go into standby
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Who installed Ultimate?

Installing Windows is tough. Installing Windows on a laptop is harder than bomb disposal. Are you sure the BIOS, motherboard drivers and all other drivers are exactly what the laptop maker wants?
Bob

- Collapse -
I installed ultimate

I was actually the one who installed ultimate, and although I am not sure about the BIOS, the drivers should be fine, as I downloaded them all from HP's website.

- Collapse -
Time to see what HP has to say.
- Collapse -
Thanks

Ok, thanks for your help, i'll try that.

- Collapse -
Thank you.

For not taking out your frustration on us. The issue is 99% sure to be BIOS, driver with something added beyond Microsoft and HP's issued products taking up the remaining 1%.

If the machine works fine with the factory load (let's hope so) then it's 99% sure not a hardware issue.
Bob

CNET Forums