General discussion

Vista and Office 2003

Mar 11, 2008 2:28AM PDT

When I try to install Office 2003 on new windows Vista home premium, after I type the product key, and hit next, an error comes on asking for the original disk. The original is in the drive. I have a new Acer model Aspire 1 Desktop model.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Vista and Office 2003
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Vista and Office 2003
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try the usual fix first
Mar 11, 2008 2:35AM PDT

Turn off UAC.

- Collapse -
Vista and Office 2003
Mar 11, 2008 3:02AM PDT

I'm a nube and do not know the usual fix or anything about a UAC. My error says "the required installation file ZQ561401.CAB could not be found. Sorry.

- Collapse -
For UAC, just ask google.
Mar 11, 2008 3:06AM PDT

CNET Forums

Forum Info