General discussion

vista

my husband is using a dell lap top, vista, and when we turn on the computer, it boots up in safe mode. I cant seem to figure out how to boot in regular mode?

now, on my computer, i have windows 7 , on dell as well, my son some how put a pass word on my hard drive and no idea how to get this off.

any one can help? pls?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: vista
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: vista
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Not an answer.

I can't help you at the moment with your first issue, the booting in Safe Mode only. Maybe somebody else.

For you second issue, let me notice that hard disks generally don't have passwords. Well, they might have if you installed and used special encryption or locking software, but I don't suppose so. So please tell more about this (mysterious at the moment) password. When does the prompt for this password appear, and what exactly is the prompt?

Kees

- Collapse -
unlike Kees...

I might be able to help you with the first problem.

Start-Run (type in)msconfig-Enter
General-Startup Selection-(check)Normal Startup
Boot-Boot Options-(uncheck) Safe Boot

click, Apply-Exit. Reboot System

- Collapse -
tu

now when the compter boots, every thing is large?

- Collapse -
everything large

Simple fix:

Start-Control Panel-Appearance and Personalization-Adjust Screen Resolution
Move the slider to the right to adjust the resultion on your monitor, 'apply' exit.

If (by chance) you have an ATI graphics card; through the 'Adjust Screen Resolution' screen, you can click on 'Advanced', then ATI Catalyst Control Center, and change the settings there.

- Collapse -
thanks alot

that done it. now all i need is too figure out the installation of the drivers

- Collapse -
If you have already downloaded the

drivers onto your computer, then it is as simple as clicking on the file and hitting 'Run'...then follow the steps the program asks of you.

- Collapse -
kkk

ok, thanks loads for you for help. now, one more question, well, maybe more then one,

does any one know how to reformatt a compter with with out a disc? dor ep pro?

- Collapse -
dor ep pro?
- Collapse -
oops

sorry for the typos Happy yes, there is a reason. virus attache, and my virus removal not takin it off.

- Collapse -
before reformatting
- Collapse -
ty

will sure try this before reformatting.

CNET Forums

Forum Info